Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Answer Keys    

Answer Keys

blunderbuster
Germany

And I believe most of the rules are there to make sure this site does not get busted for copyright infringement, that was my fear when it was down for three days a while ago.

I do not report much anymore, unless something jumps right into my eye. What �s the point if the same people who had their accounts canceled simply come back and open a new one, on the other hand, how is Victor supposed to stop them? So, fair enough.

If you had the brains to become an English teacher, you should have the brains to understand and follow the rules.....I should think. Rules do make life easier.

I agree with the general notion that people here sometimes expect too much, of Victor and of others....give me a super ws with super design, give me a key and and make it editable...is there anything else I can do for you? My firstborn, maybe?

I like having a key, if I don�t have one, fair enough, I should be able to do what I ask my students to do. Putting keys in the same document makes things easier...

27 Nov 2010     

Montypython
France

As Blunderbuster says, having a key is always nice.
I would just add that I always use my keys on the OHP and it would save precious time if everyone did provide a key.
I make sure I always provide the key nowadays. 
It helps & it �s so quick as you need to have thought about the key, when you �re devising the tasks.
It �s also very useful because sometimes we prepare questions & notice 2 or 3 a answers are possible (so you can �t expect students to answer 1 way only), or it �s downright impossible to complete the task! (of course I �m mostly using advanced worksheets!)
What is more, it would be fair (if everyone did the same thing!).
I never use a task without having completed it before giving it to my students, so why not include the key????

Take care & thank you Victor for taking the time to improve the site constantly!
It �s a gift we should treasure & not fight about!!!!
THANK YOU from the bottom of my teacher �s heart! 

27 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

To be honest, as far as grammar exercises are concerned, I am a better teacher when I don �t look at the key, that way I can show my students how I would look for the right answer. With respect to some reading tasks etc. I agree, having a key is KEY.

We will never do the same thing, we are different ;o)

As far as I see it, getting a key is luxury and making one takes extra time. We should be grateful if we get one, not grumpy if we don �t.

On a final note, making a perfect ws is challenge enough, myself included, I would prefer ws with all the words necessary, correct grammar, spelling etc, over versions in various colors and (correct) keys.

27 Nov 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I might be strange but I often start my creation from the key and then work backwards especially if the exercise is a gap-fill or comprehension exercise.
This site is all about helping each other. I have many a time downloaded a ws because I was in a hurry, Looking for a key then becomes a pain in the neck.

Question: How many of you would pay megabucks for a published book and be content with there being no answers.
Cheers Joy

27 Nov 2010     

Montypython
France

Exactly!!!!  I totally agree with Blunderbuster. 
Anyway, thank you for so many awesome ws, dear friends!!! :)
Let �s not forget those awesome gifts we get every day & which make us better teachers (at least, it works for me, as I get more ideas, & think about how to do things differently, etc....).
THANKS!!!!! :) Hug

27 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

That is exactly it, Joy, these things are free. You know, other sites offer an extra category: key available ;o)

27 Nov 2010     

Phen
Thailand

Hello!

I love all worksheets with keys included. Because I am not good at English. Sometimes I have a problem with how to answer this or that questions. I have to find the answer from many many books.Thanks for the owner who has key included.

I love Victor.

I love you all, My friends.

28 Nov 2010     

tastybrain
Taiwan

I �d say this is a fair and useful rule. Answer keys don �t need to contain much formatting, just section titles and numbering, really. And they �re wonderfully useful for teachers and students alike. I like to hand them out to my older students after doing a worksheet to lower my correcting workload.

Three cheers for this great new rule!

29 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4