Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Pencilpals from Antartica wanted    

Pencilpals from Antartica wanted

manonski (f)
Canada

New England? You obviously know your snow then.
By the way, we �re tougher than that here, we never cancel school here. I �ve seen parents take their kids to school on a snowmobile.
Actually, when I was a kid, this is also how Santa visited my family. A sleigh would have been way to much trouble.

Anyway, got to get ready for work now. Again, thanks for helping me start my day with a smile! Will try to drop by later this afternoon.

16 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Have a good one Manon.

16 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

@Manon, if you like we can build a snowman, we have enough snow for that.  I �m not too sure about an igloo, but maybe by Christmas there may be enough for that too.
We can go and see some penguins if you find that you will miss them.  There are some at the  Biodome.
@Ed, You think  that �s bad, in Toronto a few years back they had to call in the army to dig them out.

16 Dec 2010     

alex1968
Greece

Well, we had some snow in Thessaloniki today...not enough to make a snowman never mind an igloo (I live near the city centre)...and as hard as I looked, I couldn �t see a penguin in site LOL.  But it was enough to get school cancelled for todayTongue

@Manon...we �re one of those countries that can �t handle snow...for which I �m grateful Wink

So, what say thou?  Are we the chosen ones???? Thumbs Up

16 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@alex,
- you don �t have penguins;
- you can �t handle snow;
- you can �t build igloos;
- you said nothing about pencils;

You can �t be the ones, for sure!

@Ed, I forgot to mention: in order not to disappoint tourists, we �re also learning how to send messages through smoke signs, maybe this ability will give us some points in this competition!

16 Dec 2010     

Zora
Canada

Oh Ed! please pick me! Didn �t you hear about the theory that the polar caps are changing, and that warmer countries are now going to be a lot colder than before. In fact, I am sure that I saw a penguin in the sealskin bikini in my backyard last weekend... And if I try hard enough, and pray for a bit more snow, I just might be able to make an igloo where my students can you write long letters while sipping cocoa.

(PS. I �m in northern Spain, and this picture was taken about two weeks ago!)

16 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

How about Morse code, Ed?

(Hope manon can �t beat this one...)

16 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Zailda, depends...

Are you talking about morse, the animal?  Then I don �t know their code. I �ve never even met one in person I think.

Now if it �s the language with the dots, then again, you �re in luck. I don �t speak that language.

Back to work! Later alligators

16 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Would this be accepted as well?

16 Dec 2010     

baiba
Latvia

16 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >