Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Ta!    

Ta!

Zora
Canada

LOL We got the "toffs", did we?? Makes it sound like we weren�t a country made up of beaver hat exploring hunters and redneck soldiers... lol

9 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Well, Vickiii, I suspect he was wearing a sheepskin jacket....

& at least we still have the soccer (even if Rugby, League & Cricket aren�t having a good time of late...)

B-)

9 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

Here�s a nice description of how to speak antipodean (Australian New Zealand) English

Drink one beer (tinny)and it doesn�t help you very much
Drink two beers and you start to feel confident
Drink three beers and you can speak with little interruption though your pronunciation is a little suspect
Drink four beers and you can sing, swear and talk about common things with anyone, though they may not be sure what you are saying
Drink five beers and you are completely fluent, debating and pronouncing all solutions to the world and everyone will agree with you, because they dare not argue!!!!
Drink six beers and you can speak fluent Australian Kiwi English

9 Dec 2008     

pauguzman
Argentina

I love reading this discussion , Clap I �ve learnt a lot , thanks TEACHERS!!!!
SEIZE THE DAY ..... AND SEIZE THE CLASS!!!
HAVE A NICE DAY !!!
PAULA

9 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Actually Logos, I reckon that alcohol is one of the biggest influences on the development of the Australian accent!

A few bits of Aussie trivia for you:

- the first currency used by the English in Australia was actually Spanish.
- Rum was the reward offered for the first bushranger (who was actually negro, not a white fella)
- the military in the colony was once known as �The Rum Corp�.
- in the 1830�s there was one �grog� (cheap rum & illicit liquor) shop for every 100 inhabitants of Australia.
- it wasn�t until well after the 1830�s that there was anywhere near the same number of women as men in Australia. In fact, back when there were so many grog shops, there was closer to 15 men for every woman in the country!
- the first Governor of Australia was actually also (at least in writing) responsible for the North Island of New Zealand & most of the South Island too!

Cheers Bro,
B-)

9 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hrmmm,,,,

FrenchFrog... I am sure I didn�t see you mention the unmentionable!  Sob sob sob.  I thought I had got over the last 2 world cups - but it just came crashing back with all of the painful associated memories!
Ta Mate!

kidding of course!

BTW - if you really want an insight into kiwi culture - look up brotown on youtube.  hehehe - i don�t think this homegrown favourite will be going overseas.  It is highly offensive and insulting to pretty much every person on earth.  It makes me laugh so much!!!    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23O3GYCjQ90  my god it is actually going to Canada!

Two other favourite kiwi comedys
- Flight of the Concords (they are hilarious!!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLJ5a6aJOb8
- Billy T James - old 80�s humour but still good for a chuckle! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quHeUUDfdcc

9 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

Coor 15 Shiela�s to one Digger - sounds like pretty good odds to me!!!!

9 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

That last one is an example of the first ESOL lesson ever! ROFLMAO

9 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

Coor 15 Shiela�s to one Digger - sounds like pretty good odds to me!!!!

9 Dec 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Yes! You can even learn French with Flight of the Concords: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hrUGFhsXo!!!

9 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >