Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A new rule against flashcards?    

A new rule against flashcards?

zailda
Brazil

I agree that flashcards are an important tool when teaching, but they aren �t "original" at all, are they? I reckon a new rule stating that "most of the work must be yours" would be useful, because we see wss with a picture and some lines to "write about..." and they are not "so oginal" either.

I think that those words (most of the work) added to the rules will allow moderators to remove wss that aren �t original except for the title or borders.

I also agree that ESL printables is the main source for its members to collect, share and download material to use in class, then they should have a special section (no points to download or to be credited to the "owner") from now on.

Have a nice day!

Zailda

9 Sep 2011     

starrr
Brazil

I think all the new and old flashcards that are already posted here must go to a new free section just like free templates.. we need them all and it could be great to have them for free here and no points added to them could be great too a right section for them is just fine.... thanks .. just my humble opinion.  Wink

9 Sep 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

I �m in favour of the opinion expressed above, too.
Even though I usually use flashcards only with young learners, I think it would be nice to have them in a free section.

9 Sep 2011     

danielprates
Brazil

I agree with the idea of having flash cards in a special section. Although the idea here is having teachers to upload their own activities, I believe a few of us would have so good drawing skills so that they could create a whole set of flashcards by themselves. With this in mind I don �t think that banning flash cards sounds like a good thing. We all know how useful and helpful flash cards are, I �m very thankful to everyone who take the required time to collect, organize and make pictures become the cards we have here!!!

9 Sep 2011     

crissorrir
Brazil

Flash cards are really useful to me. They make the teaching of new vocabulary funnier and I usually use them in other ways, I mean I usually make games with them and I have downloaded a lot of creative flash cards. Please do not forbid flash cards! Unhappy

9 Sep 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

I also agree with the idea of having Flashcards in a separate section. If possible, both old and new contributions. They are a very useful tool for teaching young students and very time consuming to make (I know because I have prepared some).

9 Sep 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I can �t draw, but searching for pictures, resize them and put them together is time-consuming, a person may spend hours (or days) to find them.

Having the flashcards (draw by ourselves or not) would be a great idea and I �m sure many members would upload theirs because we already have free sections and there are lots of wss there.

9 Sep 2011     

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi there

Flashcards are such an important and useful resource for any teacher of young learners.  Please don �t remove them completely.  I have come across such great flashcards here on ESL Printables.   
Maybe we could add a rule where the pictures or clipart have to be "labelled", eg. a word under/or above the picture.  It is always helpful for my littles ones who are just starting to read. Just a thought?!

Enjoy your weekend everybody.

Joey

9 Sep 2011     

wonderful teacher
Egypt

THANKS VICTOR FOR TAKING CARE OF THIS SITE �S MEMBERS AND SOLVING OUR PROBLEMS.
YOU ARE RIGHT VICTOR . SET A NEW RULE FOR THE FLASH CARDS CONTRIBUTIONS TO BE FREE WITHOUT GAINING POINTS OR LOOSING POINTS VTO DOWNLOAD ANY FLASH CARDS. YES, TO BE LIKE TEMPLATES .
TO LET GENEROUS MEMBERS HELP OTHERS WITH FLASH CARDS WITHOUT GAINING POINTS.

9 Sep 2011     

sandytita
Portugal

Hello everybody1
I use flash cards a lot, but I think there should be something written under the image.  I think they are very important.
Thanks a lot for this wonderful ESL.
Sandy

9 Sep 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >