Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A new rule against flashcards?    

A new rule against flashcards?

JECMPJ
Colombia

Well, here in Colombia is very important to teach with flashcards because we have a serious problem with the students � attention so I �m afraid I can �t agree with you, but I agree with Ali and continue with the flashcards in the page.

Thanks

10 Sep 2011     

kiaras
Mexico

I guess everything  for flash cards has already been expressed, and I just want to agree with the idea of having a section for them!! Thank you, Victor!!! 

10 Sep 2011     

libertybelle
United States

We have lots of Flashcards already on the site and what many don �t consider, is that everything takes up room on the bandwidth.
A few years ago Victor had to buy more space for all our contributions.
There is no reason for more flashcards - if you take a look, we �re pretty much covered.
Just my humble opinion.

10 Sep 2011     

jecika
Serbia

flashcards are a very handy and essential esl resource and I can �t imagine going through a lesson without using them ... plus ... there are already far too many no-nos on the site ... we don �t need another one

10 Sep 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

Flashcards are very crucial and the kids love it, they are very useful in teaching. Please Victor.

Sirhajwan

10 Sep 2011     

juliag
Japan

Personally I find the FCs sets really, really useful and would hate to see  them go. I would almost rather the current system wasn �t changed as I fear that if people could not longer get points for them they may not upload so many and I find it difficult to find nice pictures for FCs and am always delighted when I find a nice set here. I also agree with I think it was MarionG who said that she thinks the FC sets are worth the points spent on them because of the time it takes the "creator" to find the clear and easy to understand pictures. I think it �s okay to recognize the time the author of the FCs has spent in this way - by giving them points. Just my opinion, though.

10 Sep 2011     

victor
Spain

OK, it �s clear that flashcards must stay.  Thanks a lot for all your opinions.

10 Sep 2011     

jecika
Serbia

great news ... thanks Victor

10 Sep 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

thanks!

10 Sep 2011     

Damielle
Argentina

Sorry for this late reply. What about stating that flashcards can be uploaded only if they are part of a complete activity? For example: 1st, you work vocabulary with flashcards and then ask sts to  fill in the blanks with the correct word.

17 Sep 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4