Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Inappropriate worksheet content    

Inappropriate worksheet content

jcirnes
Mexico

goodnesses

I agree with you in the "How to teach, when, what age and how?" what I see here is that the WS which started this topic seems to be not suitable for some learners. As Jorgelinaac said it can be suitable for her friend. An ESL/EFL teacher shouldn�t be asked to cover those topics. But some are!

I know some teachers who have to deal with subjects they�re not specialized in (I have to say these are exceptions); in here you have to do what you�re told or loose your job. There are too many EFL teachers around here.

My point is no one should scandalize because a colleague uploaded a WS like that. I haven�t heard any complaints for a WS dealing with additions or wild animals and their environment.

1 Oct 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear jcirnes
Mexico

I can see here that we agree on "nearly" the whole issue. At the exception of 1 or 2 points in your last post.

I already said that I think a teacher of ESL/EFL can deal with various specific voc. It is part of the language process. In Algeria at last the teacher of English is considered as one the first carriers of what we call "general culture". But he/she has to pay attention not to go too far to fall in behind a scientific specialized teacher. And this more for professional ethics than any other consideration and mostly not for job (salary) saving matters. It would be a little bit egoistic towards the kids according to me. Though I agree with you, it�s the case in many parts of the world. This is for the first point.

The second is that I thought we finished with the problem complaining (though I don�t remember having complained about this issue) it�s been some time now.

The third is that (since you want to come back to it) I didn�t scandalize and wasn�t scandalized by the WS in question. But if you think the use of the adjective "inappropriate" is scandalizing this WS, sorry I can�t think it myself.

Finally, are you really convinced that we can tackle Voc. related to things considered as taboo even in developed countries the same way and put it in the same balance as Voc. related to numbers, mountains, animals...?

PS: That makes 4 points at the end ! LOL !

1 Oct 2008     

Jorgelinaac
Argentina

Goodnesses,

"In this case, your friend is a teacher of biology (in English) not a teacher of English (ESL/EFL)."
This was addressed to me, I will not keep reading your comments because you just want to impose your ideas.
I am not discussing with you, you keep answering me back. You were far way more disrespectful to me in most of the previous posts, doubting that I could follow a discussion, mentioning my ideas as silly, etc etc etc. Do not accuse me when you have said such hurtful and humiliating words.

Have the last comment, it is yours, take it, and enjoy it.

1 Oct 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Ok dear as you like
But in meanwhile try to check out what is the difference between a "teacher of English" and an " English teacher".
Because it gives a different meaning to what was said in many posts.
Goodbye

1 Oct 2008     

crisholm
Spain

Well, as I see it, female genitals are going to be there whether you like it or not.
Personally, I would feel most uncomfortable to speak about them in my lessons - they have lots of other priorities.
As always, when I don�t need a worksheet, I do not download it, and that�s it. There may be other people who find it useful. Let them decide. But you shouldn�t censor something that exists - think about it?

3 Oct 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear, crisholm
Spain

The discussion now is about the following:

"Who teaches what? When? What age?" and why not "Where?"

Why don�t you want to stopping sticking to that WS?

3 Oct 2008     

Jorgelinaac
Argentina

Hi Crisholm, please do not feel intimidated or discouraged by comments. One should never do that, especially a teacher.  One discusses whatever he wants here about education. There is no need to impose or tell someone we discuss about this now. All opinions are important and respected. That�s the rule here, right? So Crisholm, go ahead, you opinion is very valuable :)

Best regards,

Jorgelina :)

4 Oct 2008     

fletsch
Canada

Inappropriate, that is why it was removed  :)

The end...

2 Jun 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6