Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > In The Classroom    

In The Classroom

alatariel
Turkey

In The Classroom

hello there

Could you tell me how your students address you in the class?

7 Jan 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Thanks goodness they don�t call me JERK! Thumbs Up

Mine call me by my first name.
That�s how it�s done in Denmark.

L

7 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

And if they don�t call you by your first name??

7 Jan 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

Well, mine call me "professora" (when they forget they�re supposed to speak only in English!!!) or "teacher". Here in Portugal students never call teachers by their first name.

7 Jan 2009     

degofe
Portugal

in Portugal students usually call me "teacher", sometimes they add my first name "teacher Maria".

7 Jan 2009     

helenemonge
France

They call me Miss, or sometimes teacher, but I prefer Miss.

7 Jan 2009     

Zora
Canada

Usually they call me "teacher" Smile ... and the braver ones use "Linda", my first name.

7 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Because i was told that for native speakers, addressing your teacher by saying "teacher" is not correct. What�s more, I was told that  it�s a little pejorative. Is that right?

7 Jan 2009     

alatariel
Turkey

Here in Turkey students mostly use "teacher " they never call teachers by first name and I also think that it is not so correct to say "teacher"  but I didn�t know it was a kind of pjorative

7 Jan 2009     

donapeter
Romania

hmmm...In Romania , the students call me Teacher ..and they call the German teacher: Frau. So....I think the model is given by the lessons we have in the books. Here, we have "Hello, teacher ....","Good bye, teacher" ...so I suppose this is why we are told this way.
D

7 Jan 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Here in Morocco,calling a teacher by his or her first name is considered impolite.So,students prefer to use the words "teacher""Sir""Miss".

7 Jan 2009     

1    2    3    Next >