Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > CAN ´T WE?    

CAN ´T WE?

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yeah, that reminds me - I had to kiss it for the cameras! But they had put a glass plate over it - presumably to shield it from all the kissing, so I had to give that a smacker! What was missing?

29 Aug 2012     

Jayho
Australia

What, a glass plate?  To protect it from all those luscious lips?  Sorry, can�t reveal what was missing here - that you will have to google

BTW, I�m at work so I haven�t time to contribute a quote and that�s why I didn �t actually name him - I�ll leave that honour to someone else.

29 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Apparently the missing part made a good paperweight....

Back to the original quote - was it Aladdin? He got mixed up with genie. 

29 Aug 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

What is it with P�re Lachaise and �bits �?
Abelard �s buried just along the road a bit, but he actually got his bits cut off IRL, while Jim Morrison lost so much of his face that they just got rid of the bust altogether.

Here �s another quote (nothing to do with the current Republican Convention - much):

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."

Who?

29 Aug 2012     

douglas
United States

I saw the grave too--before the bust was stolen.

29 Aug 2012     

Jayho
Australia

All I saw was a couple of empty bottles, some rather wilted flowers and a throng of admirers, some in tears (my cousin included) 

29 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@almaz. Was it Winston Churchill before the Americans joined the war?
Or Arnold Swarzenegger, before he got elected. The quote held good after his election. 

Here �s another one of my favourites from our main man: Either be a work of art, or wear one. 

29 Aug 2012     

jannabanna
France

Here �s another one:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

29 Aug 2012     

juliag
Japan

Must have been Al Gore talking about Bush.

Nice game by the way, Maria, thank you. Though most of you are far too intelligent and knowledgable for the likes of me!

29 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@jannabanna. That �s true! Once, a �rival � of mine (she was senior to me and had made my life very difficult) wrote a report about a project she had done. She magnanimously showed it to me before she handed it in to the principal. It was so riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes that it could have been a spoof. Did I point all this out before she handed it in? Mmm, My memory fails me on that...Wink

29 Aug 2012     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >