Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Joke Time!     

Joke Time!

pauguzman
Argentina

After being interviewed by the school administration, the teaching prospect said, "Let me see if I�ve got this right: You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning. You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook and apply for a job. You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the state exams.

You want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps. You want me to do all this, and then you tell me.............. I CAN�T PRAY?"

Wink

27 Jan 2009     

jecika
Serbia

"Isn�t the principal a dummy!" said a boy to a girl.

"Well, do you know who I am?" asked the girl.

"No." replied the boy.

"I�m the principal�s daughter." said the girl.

"And do you know who I am?" asked the boy.

"No," she replied.

"Thank goodness!" said the boy with a sign of relief.

27 Jan 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

A woman who seeks equality with men, lacks ambition.

27 Jan 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

A man walks into a bar and orders one shot. Then he looks into his shirt pocket and orders another shot. After he finishes, he looks into his shirt pocket again and orders another shot. The bartender is curious and askes him "every time you order a shot, you look in your shirt pocket. Why?" The man replies, "I have a picture of my wife in my pocket and when she starts to look good, I go home."

27 Jan 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

MEN ARE LIKE.....

... Blenders.
You need one, but you�re not quite sure why.

... Chocolate Bars.
Sweet, smooth, and they usually head right for your hips.

... Coffee.
The best ones are rich, warm, and can keep you up all night long.

... Commercials.
You can�t believe a word they say.

... Computers.
Hard to figure out and never have enough memory.

... Coolers.
Load them with beer and you can take them anywhere.

... Copiers.
You need them for reproduction, but that�s about it.

... Curling Irons.
They�re always hot, and they�re always in your hair.

... Government Bonds.
They take way too long to mature.

... Horoscopes.
They always tell you what to do and are usually wrong.

... Lava Lamps.
Fun to look at, but not all that bright.

... Mascara.
They usually run at the first sign of emotion.

... Parking Spots.
The good ones are already taken and the ones that are left are either handicapped or extremely small.

... Popcorn.
They satisfy you, but only for a little while.

... Weather.
Nothing can be done to change either one of them.

27 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

An oldie but a goodie (especially when my wife is looking over my shoulder...)

An English professor wrote the words, "Woman without her man is nothing" on the blackboard and directed his students to punctuate it correctly.

The men wrote: "Woman, without her man, is nothing."

The women wrote: "Woman! Without her, man is nothing."

27 Jan 2009     

jecika
Serbia

Why We Never See Anything on Mars...

27 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

thank you for this fun time!!!! You have made my day.

A Visit to Zoo

Three mischievous boys went to the zoo one day for an outing, since they had the day off from school.

They decided to visit the elephant cage, but soon enough, they were picked up by a cop for causing a disturbance.

The officer hauled them off to security for questioning.

The supervisor in charge asked them to give their names and tell what they were doing at the elephant cage.

The first boy innocently said, "My name is Gary, and I was just throwing peanuts into the elephant cage."

The second added, "My name is Larry, and all I was doing was throwing peanuts into the elephant cage.

The third boy was a little shaken up and said, "Well, my name is Peter, but my friends call me Peanuts."

27 Jan 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

A teacher is explaining biology to her 4th grade students. �Human beings are the only animals that stutter,� she says. Little Johnny raises his hand. �I had a kitty-cat who stuttered,� he volunteered.

The teacher, knowing how precious some of these stories could become, asked young Johnny to describe the incident.

�Well,� he began, �I was in the back yard with my kitty and the Rottweiler that lives next door got a running start and before we knew it, he jumped over the fence into our yard!

�That must�ve been scary,� said the teacher.

�It sure was!� said Johnny. �My kitty raised his back, went �Fffff, Fffff, Fffff�� and before he could say �F*ck�, the Rottweiler ate him!�

27 Jan 2009     

freddie
Canada

Awesome guys!! hee hee hee

27 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >