Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Joke Time!     

Joke Time!

Greek Professor
Greece

Now love this one...

According to a news report, a certain private school in Victoria,
BC recently was faced with a unique problem.

A number of grade 12 girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the bathroom. That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints.

Every night, the maintenance man would remove them and the next day, the girls would put them back.

Finally the principal decided that something had to be done.
She called all the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man. She explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night.

To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, she asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required.

He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it.

Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

27 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

The Following Are Answers to 5th Grade Science Exams:

�          When you breath, you inspire. When you do not breath, you expire.

�          H2O is hot water, and CO2 is cold water. 

�          Water is composed of 2 gins, Oxygin & Hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin. Hydrogin is gin and water.

�          Blood flows down one leg and up the other.

�          Respiration is composed of 2 acts, first inspiration, and then expectoration.

�          Dew is formed on leaves when the sun shines down on them and makes them perspire.

�          Mushrooms always grow in damp places and so they look like umbrellas.

�          The tides are a fight between the Earth and Moon. All water tends towards the moon, because there is no water in the moon, and nature abhors a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins the fight.

�          A fossil is an extinct animal. The older it is, the more extinct it is.

27 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

More  Answers to 5th Grade Science Exams:

�          Germinate: To become a naturalized German.

�          Planet: A body of Earth surrounded by sky.

�          Before giving a blood transfusion, find out if the blood is affirmative or negative.

�          For a nosebleed: Put the nose much lower than the body until the heart stops.

�          For dog bite: Put the dog away for several days. If he has not recovered, then kill it.

�          For asphyxiation: Apply artificial respiration until the patient is dead.

�          To prevent contraception: wear a condominium.

�          For head cold: Use an agonizer to spray the nose until it drops in your throat.

�          To keep milk from turning sour: Keep it in the cow.

27 Jan 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

good one damielle...

Ways To Annoy People

Sing the Batman theme incessantly.

If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others.

Start each meal by conspicuously licking all your food, and announce that this is so no one
will "swipe your grub". 

Leave the copy machine set to reduce 200%, extra dark, 17 inch paper, 98 copies.

Sniffle incessantly.

Staple papers in the middle of the page.

Ask 1-800 operators for dates.
Pay for your dinner with pennies.

27 Jan 2009     

jecika
Serbia

actual written excuses for school given by parents � spelling mistakes included � have fun ! LOL

Please ekscuse John being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and also 33.

My son is under a doctor�s care and should not take P.E. today. Please execute him.

Maryann was absent December 11-16, because she had a fever, sore throat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever and sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I wasn�t the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.

Please excuse Mike from being absent yesterday. He had diah(*crossed out*), diahoah(*crossed out*), dyah(*crossed out*) the sh*ts.

27 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

That�s funny, Jecika but real!!!!

27 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

27 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

LOL    Alien boy

• Teacher: Can anyone give me the name of a liquid that won�t freeze ? 
    Pupil: Hot water !
  • Teacher: Does anyone know which month has 28 days ?
    Pupil: All of them !
  • Why was the head teacher worried ?
    Because there were so many rulers in the school !
  • Teacher: I told you to stand at the end of the line ?
    Pupil: I tried, but there was someone already there !
  • Teacher: I said to draw a cow eating some grass but you�ve only drawn the cow ?
    Pupil: Yes, the cow ate all the grass !
  • Teacher: and what is "don�t" short for
    Pupil: Doughnut !
  • Teacher: Why are you standing on your head ?
    Pupil: I�m just turning over things in my mind, sir !

27 Jan 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

CLASS JOKE..

"If there are any idiots in the room, will they please stand up" said the sarcastic teacher.

After a long silence, one freshman rose to his feet.

"Now then mister, why do you consider yourself an idiot?" enquired the teacher with a sneer.

"Well, actually I don�t," said the student, "but I hate to see you standing up there all by yourself."

27 Jan 2009     

daysealvesbarbosa
Brazil

Son: I can�t go to school today.�
Father: Why not?
Son: I don�t feel well
Father: Where don�t you feel well?
Son: In school!

27 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >