Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Colour and BW versions    

Colour and BW versions

victor
Spain

Colour and BW versions

Yesterday I suggested a new rule not allowing users to send two versions of the same contribution (colour and Black & White versions).
After reading all your answers, I think this is the better solution:

- If the BW worksheet is just a Grayscale version of the original one, don �t send it. Users can choose that option in their own printer.

- If the BW worksheet is re-designed (removing backgrounds, using plain pictures, etc) we �ll really appreciate if you send it, but BOTH WORKSHEETS MUST BE UPLOADED THE SAME DAY. In this way, users can choose the version they prefer, and nobody will acuse you of trying to get additional points with the same worksheet.

What do you think about this?

16 Feb 2009      

missundaztood_74
Spain

perfect option

16 Feb 2009     

Apryll12
Hungary

It �s great although I think a lot of people will be confused with the term �re-designed � and they will still send more or less the same works with very slight changes. Well, hopefully not....

16 Feb 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

It si not a bad idea. But as for me I sometimes include B&W virsion and color vrsion in the same ws. What do you think about it?�

16 Feb 2009     

victor
Spain

Well, sending B&W and  color versions in the same document is the best option, I think.  But sometimes it will be impossible, because of the size limit.

16 Feb 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

I think all worksheets should be in B&W anyway. I know the wonderful colourful ones get the most points but I can �t understand how you use them with a class because I know I could not copy them for all the sts. It would bankrupt me.... he he.
I find the only time I have problems downloading a worksheet is on a coloured one, then the pictures all end up all over the place. I am not a computer whizz so have not got the patience to redo them. The coloured ones that are useful are the flashcards /bingo card etc. that you print and laminate and can then use will all classes. This is just my opinion.
I vote for more black and white ones..... 

Greetings fom frost bitten Germany.. xx

16 Feb 2009     

bamarcia
Brazil

Sounds perfect!

16 Feb 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Sounds okay to me - go for it.

16 Feb 2009     

eliana
Portugal

It seems fair....

16 Feb 2009     

chorima
Spain

The best solution! if possible, uploading the BW together with the coloured version. If the size limit doesn� �t allow, both versions on the same day for people to choose..... GREAT! GO FOR IT!

16 Feb 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

perfect

16 Feb 2009     

1    2    3    Next >