Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Bye Bye ESL    

Bye Bye ESL

karagozian
France

Bye Bye ESL

I do not know if I am the only one to be utterly disappointed.  Oh my, oh no! I didn´t know about those comments!! What a pity, what a shame! I must say and admit that it were the comments that kept me going on this site. I have never contributed to another site. Not the points but the comments kept me going..... And now nothing, no more ............. they just disappeared. I can hardly believe that. It is so unfair !!!

Oh! What a disappointment. A few days ago I noticed that there were no more comments under my wss. Obviously, I thought it was a temporary problem. I also thought it was my phone or iPad that might have a problem. But no, but no...... the comments have ALL disappeared. For me it�s a disaster. Years of contribution and sharing with colleagues who had become friends. The last few years it was the comments that encouraged me to continue.

Am I the only one to have these feelings ????

Then, well I would say, BYE BYE

Thank you my friends for your lovely and interesting comments.

I wish you all good luck.

Monique Karagozian

27 Feb 2023      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh dear, yes, they seem to have gone... What can be the matter? Maybe it is a temporary problem? I haven�t uploaded anything in a while as I often get the 500 error message and well, there doesn�t seem to be much call for worksheets. I think the bottom line is that Victor doesn�t care much for the site. Maybe he feels his work is done. 
It has been wonderful for me on here, wonderful. What a great, great site it was. It enriched my teaching, gave me a fabulous hobby and introduced me to such marvellous people. But I�m not going anywhere! Come on, Monique!
I�ll be back again and again and again and again. 

27 Feb 2023     

spinney
United Kingdom

Stay right where you are needed, Monique!

27 Feb 2023     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Monique!
Please don�t leave! Your ws are one of the most popular: both for content and layout reasons.
Many people are ungreatful. Words like thanks, please and so on.... are (for some reason) getting old fashioned.

Ascincoquinas 

27 Feb 2023     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Dear Monique

Please don�t leave the site. 
I have noticed comments disappearing in many contributor�s worksheets. I hope this is a temporary problem.
The site isn�t what it used to be anymore but your work is so popular, just as ascincoquinas mentioned. 

jfaraujo 

27 Feb 2023     

David Lisgo
Japan

Dear Monique,

We probably joined ESL Printables around the same time, but you, unlike myself, have been a wonderful member, giving so much of yourself, time and effort. It is really awful that the comments on our old worksheets have gone as they were a great reminder of this site in its heyday, of friends who have left this site and of others who are no longer with us. Whenever I have come back you have always been here, like an old friend you have not seen for a long time, to welcome me. I hope that the comments return and more so, I hope that you remain.

David

27 Feb 2023     

falafel
Tunisia

Dear Monique,
 Please don"t leave the site. You are one of the most active members here. Your work is always great and no one can deny the huge effort that you have been making for a long time. I know that these comments ,which remind you of the amazing old days of this site and which unfortunetaly  are getting fewer and fewer, are making you and other members feeling satisfied , but be sure that even if they have disappeared,all the people here recognise your job and love you as a wonderful and a very sociable person. Please, don�t leave.,you still have many friends here .
Falafel 

28 Feb 2023     

mariec
Spain

Dear Monique,

Please, Please don´t leave! Your work is absolutely amazing and crucial to this site.

Wishing you all the best and hoping you´ll reconsider your decision. Mariec xx

28 Feb 2023     

olgavillanua
Spain

Yep, you are right, Monique. It�s  rather disappointing that the comments have all disappeared.
But it�s not only that.... In my case, at least, the points you got after your wss were downloaded are not counted any more. I know because I have downloaded worksheets of other members recently, in different days, and the number of downloads in my profile has not moved at all and keep on registering the same number all the time. It�s clear, then, that something or many things are wrong and the website doesn�t work as it used to. There are some other days that I can�t log on and the only thing I get is that repetitive message 500 internal server error....
Do you happen to have the same difficulties as me?

Monique, I hope you will remain as a member of the group.

Regards

Olga

28 Feb 2023     

mfraczek
France

Hello Monique,
I agree with all rhe previous posts: please don�t leave!  Your worksheets are great and very useful. 
It�s a pity all the comments have gone, but let�s keep our fingers crossed and hope they will be back.  
So please stay!
Murielle 

28 Feb 2023     

asungilsanz
Spain

Yes, Monique, it is very disappointing indeed!! The points have vanished and the website does not seem to be working properly. The only person who can fix this is Victor, but for whatever reason, he does not seem to be around lately. Hopefully he is ok and will be able to fix the problem soon.
asungilsanz 

28 Feb 2023     

1    2    3    Next >