Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHAT IS THE MOST TRADITIONAL DISH IN YOUR COUNTRY?    

WHAT IS THE MOST TRADITIONAL DISH IN YOUR COUNTRY?

JulietaVL
Mexico

WHAT IS THE MOST TRADITIONAL DISH IN YOUR COUNTRY?

HI DEAR TEACHERS, I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME... THIS TIME I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU WHICH DISH (OR FOOD) IS THE MOST TRADITIONAL OR OUTSTANDING IN YOUR COUNTRY??

MY STUDENTS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME FAMOUS DISHES ALL OVER THE WORLD...

FOR EXAMPLE, IN MY COUNTRY THERE ARE SOME, BUT MAYBE, THE MOST KNOWN ARE "TACOS"... a tortilla with meat, onion, and sauce... mmmmmmmm!!! DELICIOUS

I WOULD REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW... HAVE A NICE DAY :)

17 Apr 2009      

gilorit
Israel

In Israel there are some. One main dish is Falafel:

It is good but fattening ....
Orit

17 Apr 2009     

fericzka
Poland

Oh some many things I can tell you about :)

We have a wide range of different dishes in Poland cuz almost every region has its own food tradition.

I can tell you about my favourite dishes.

�Silesian dumplings (kluski slaskie in polish) made of boiled potatoes usually eaten with beef or pork de vollaile (rolada in polish) filled with sausage, garkins and carrots.

Its a traditional dish from my region which is Silesia (south Poland)

And Im sure that all Poles will agree that we do yummy pierogi :) which are big raviolli stuffed with mushrooms, meat, cottage cheese or any berry fruit.

yum it made me hungry :P

17 Apr 2009     

alexcure
Poland

I like your question Julieta. In Poland there are numerous regional dishes, I can tell you about if you are interested, but the well known across the country are the Polish "pierogi" stuffed with ground meat & fried onions or sour kraut & fried onions & mashrooms or the so called Russian pierogi (in Polish pierogi ruskie) with cottage cheese & fried onions & potatoes:

Sometimes we cook pierogi stuffed for example with bluberries or apples which are served with cream and icing sugar.

Another traditional Polish dish is "bigos":

Bigos is made of the mixture of sour kraut and regular white cabbage, some bacon, Polish sausages, tomato souce, salt & pepper plus some herbs such as mayoran. It is served with Polish bread.

17 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

well in Greece we have many traditional dishes but the most famous is "MOUSAKA"
HAVE A LOOK...........

17 Apr 2009     

Carcade
Russian Federation

In Russia we like to eat borsh (beetroot and cabbage soup), stchi (Russian cabbage soup) and pancakes !!!!!! Yum-yum-yummmyyyyy!!!!!!!

17 Apr 2009     

donapeter
Romania

Please stop!!!! I am having my black fast today.....so.....please have mercy!!
All the best!!!
In Romania, it �s the black Friday....we don �t eat meat,eggs, dairy products or....we don �t eat at all.

17 Apr 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

GOOD MORNING FROM GREECE...
MMM YES TACOS ARE DELICIOUS...
HERE IN GREECE THERE ARE MANY FAMOUS AND DELICIOUS FOOD....
BUT ONE IS... MOUSAKA...
MMMM AND OF COURSE THE SOUVLAKI..

17 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

TZATZIKI MADE OF YOGURT, GARLIC, OLIVE OIL

GREEK SALAD (HORIATIKI)

17 Apr 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Hi guys

Now, it �s still morning but I feel sooooooo hungry... Wink
Well, in Belgium the traditional dish is (beef)steak with French fries, a salad and looooooots of mayonnaise LOL (but you cant � see that below) !!!!!

Kristien

17 Apr 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

ALL OF THEM LOOK SOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS, I �M STARTING TO FEEL STARVING!! :p WELL HERE IS ANOTHER FAMOUS DISH IN M COUNTRY ... "POZOLE" WHICH IS MEAT WITH SOME SPECIAL CORN, IN CHILI AND SOOO MANY OTHER INGREDIENTS, THEN YOU PUT SOME LETTUCE, LEMON... OH DELICIOUS!!!

17 Apr 2009     

1    2    3    Next >