Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > VICTOR isn ´t allowed to put what he likes on his own website??????? What a laughable concept!    

VICTOR isn ´t allowed to put what he likes on his own website??????? What a laughable concept!

Vickiii
New Zealand

VICTOR isn ´t allowed to put what he likes on his own website??????? What a laughable concept!

MODERATORS PLEASE!

Deciding that the website owner is not allowed to post whatever he likes on his own website is rediculous!

The audacity of someone to actually tell him to remove something from his own website!

I initially assumed this was a joke - then people actually started arguing for and against the resource!!!

I am hoping against hope that Victor is having a good day and sees the funnyside of this.  IT is laughable - some people have got too big for their boots

Victor made the rules....  The printable in question is obviously able to be used in an english forum.  If you can �t figure out how to use a roleplay mask for english - I think you really should question your ability to teach.

Rediculous!!!

probably not suppose to put the link there- it is on the moderators page - you can only get there if you have over 1000 points.  Basically people have suggested that one of Victor´s printables is not ESL material.  It is one of the masks he put up for us at halloween. 

22 Apr 2009      

Zora
Canada

Hear, hear Vicki! I TOTALLY agree with you!! Thumbs Up

22 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I just saw that too.....TOO FUNNY!!!!! 

22 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Let �s pretend this is the joke of the day, so we can all laugh a lot the whole afternoonClap

22 Apr 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

Hi, I missed something...Ermm
 Who told that Victor isn �t allowed to put what he likes on his own website????
I didn �t see it here in the forum...???

22 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I really felt pretty bad when I saw it. I thought it was of extremely bad taste and I don �t understand the kind of anger people may feel to be able to do do something like that. It looks like an act of revenge, in which the end justifies the means.

Thanks for bringing this issue up to the forum vickiii. I also hope he takes it as a joke.

Have a nice day,
mena

22 Apr 2009     

donapeter
Romania

please give a link to that story you �re talking about. I am very curious.
Thanks!
D

22 Apr 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

SO AM I!
THANKS

22 Apr 2009     

victor
Spain

Well, I �m having a good day, and I see the funny side LOL.

Anyway, if I had any worksheet that didn �t follow the rules, I would remove it. I guess that many users send cliparts, frames and colouring pages because they have seen similar worksheets in ESLprintables. It would be good to remove all them so that new users could have a clear idea of the kind of resources that we share here.

Anyway, I think that these masks shouldn �t be removed, for these reasons:

- It is a set, not a single mask.
- They are very useful for a halloween role-play.

By the way, I think we should have a different forum thread for this kind of topics. Many users don �t know what yor are talking about. It would be useful to have a small forum in the same page that reported worksheets.

22 Apr 2009     

Miss Agus
Argentina

I can �t understand the whole of what you are talking about, but if anubody criticized Victor for material he has uploaded, I believe his ground for that is only being ENVIOUS! Some poeple can �t stand other �s success and wonder why THEY had THE GREATEST WEBSITE IDEA AND THEY DIDN �T.
Anyway, it �s great to see we are a wonderful teaching community brought together by a wonderful idea of someone who JUST WANTS TO SHARE.
A HUG TO YOU ALL,Hug
NICE WEEK!
AgusLOL

22 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Maybe you will think I �m an impolite person but in fact I �m not. I �m a Brazilian and in Brazil we have the habit to say what we think. It �s part of our culture being sincere, even if being 100% honest will hurt other person �s feelings. And I do believe that a hurting but honest remark is better than a nice but insincere one. No one has to agree, of course. Perhaps some of you prefer to mask things under gentle behavior, but it �s not my case.

I thank Victor for this wonderful site and all of you for sharing such beautiful and useful work and I �m very happy to have the opportunity of sharing mine.  I �ve been learning a lot since I started here. But I �m sure that if Victor created the rules he wants to follow them as any other member. I �m new here but in my opinion - based on his previous statements in this forum - he �s a fair person and it �s not the case of "telling the owner" what he can or can �t keep here. His mask is ok for me, but if it weren �t I �d vote to remove it, as I would do with any other member �s material.

I �m sure he wants to have here good teaching material and if most of his pals (as we are, since we are all teachers) voted that that mask weren �t an esl material, he �d accept it. He wouldn �t take it as personal, since he seems to be a very nice and fair person.

Rules are rules and the owner should be (and he certainly is) the one who gives the example, following them. If he didn �t, who would?

Certainly we do know what to do with the mask, at least most of us do. And the wss are at the reporting page to be discussed and as we are humans and may have different opinions, sometimes we argue. But it is positive because it shows that we are concerned about what is posted here and we take care of the site as if it were ours. Sure, I agree that some people sometimes get carried away and go too far, but it �s also normal and part of our growing as "moderators".

We certainly will make some mistakes because we �re not used to the new task, but as the time goes, we will get better and better. Some of you are, in fact. You recognize a scanned or stolen ws at the first sight and are sure about what is or isn �t an esl resource. The rest of us is still learning.

So, Victor is the owner but he �s also a member and if people decided to discuss over his ws it �s not a big deal and we have to trust that the majority will take the right decision.

If some of the members are voting to show they are better than Victor, or if they want to be better than they really are, I have no clue. I can �t judge people �s behavior because I can �t read their minds.

22 Apr 2009     

1    2    3    Next >