Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where do you live? Where are you from?    

Where do you live? Where are you from?

douglas
United States

Hi Effie, I used to live in Ano Glyfada/Terpsithea, what part of Attens do you live in?

20 May 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hi everybody, I �m Kate or Katya (in Russian). I have been living here in Russia for 22 years....I live in the South of Russia just 7 hours away  from the Black Sea if to go there by car...though I seldom go there now. My city is a bug busy city with lots of traffic jams in the morning, sometimes during the daytime and always in the evening. The climate in this city is not good for me because it �s often windy. Winters are mild, sometimes rainy, summers are pretty hot and dry.  Spring is the best time of the year in my city. well.....I garduated just 3 months ago...feel good about it because now can work without having to take thousands of exams! :)) Decided to be a teacher 2 years ago. Never thought I would be a teacher and now can �t imagine myself doing something else! Wink

20 May 2009     

yayamaj
Turkey

Hi dear all,
I am Tuğba from Turkey.I live in İstanbul :
Istanbul is the largest city and second largest metropolitan area in Europe, and fourth largest city in the world with a population of 12.6 million. Istanbul is also a megacity. Istanbul is the cultural and financial center of Turkey.I love this city very very much.It is located on the Bosphorus Strait and encompasses the natural harbor known as the Golden Horn, in the northwest of the country. It extends both on the Europe (Thrace) and on the Asia (Anatolia) side of the Bosphorus, and is thereby the only metropolis in the world that is situated on two continents. In its long history, İstanbul served as the capital city of the Roman Empire (330�395), the East Roman (Byzantine) Empire (395�1204 and 1261�1453), the Latin Empire (1204�1261), and the Ottoman Empire (1453�1922). The city was chosen as joint European Capital of Culture for 2010. The historic areas of Istanbul were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1985.(retrieved from wikipedia)

I �ve been living here since I was born.Istanbul has a lot of historical and natural places to visit.If you come to Istanbul one day I am really sure that you will not be disappointed.
If you want to see and watch Istanbul you can visit this site:  http://www.kultur.gov.tr/EN/

I am 21 years old an studying ELT(English Language Teaching) at Yildiz Technical University.I hope I will be an English teacher like you in 2010.I really enjoy this site.You prepare wonderful materials and share with us.Thank you some much great teachers!
Loves from Istanbul.
Tuğba

20 May 2009     

Tanagotchi
France

Hi guys !   emoticone-soleil21.gif
Let �s dream a little ! My name is Nathalie and I �m French. I �ve been teaching English for 9 years. But I �ve only taught in "France" for one short year ! And then I went to French Guyane for 5 years : it �s next to Brazil and the rainforest was just wonderful over there.    
And I �m teaching English in R�union for three years now. This is an island in the Indian Ocean with breathtaking landscapes.           

Sometimes I feel like I �m teaching in a postcard. I �m living 10000 km away from Toulouse where I was born.
The pupils here are just adorable... Well, not always but I enjoy teaching and sharing things with them.
Hope you enjoyed the trip down here. And no matter where you are, teaching is the best job in the world !   emoticone-content5.gif

20 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I came back to read where everyone was from.

GO THE KIWI BBQ with CHEEZELS!

I thought you might like to see where I was raised - and where I am returning too in a few short weeks.

{Mt Egmont/Taranaki - in Taranaki New Zealand} The mountain has 2 names as the maori in our country had named it taranaki and when the english arrived - Cpt Cook called it Egmont.  When I was a child at school their was a region wide vote on what to call the mountain.  Should we give it back it´s original name - or keep the english name:  the people of this wonderful region decided that the issue was too devisive and therefore we should allow people to call it which ever name they preferred - now it is named both on maps.  A true example of people working together to maintain peace, unity and show respect for each others cultures.

Remember - If you want to make peace, talk to your enemies, not your friends.

20 May 2009     

xcharo
Spain

I live in Spain, in the Basque Country in a town called Portugalete,  which is famous for its bridge

20 May 2009     

alperrrr
Turkey

hi all

I am Alper, from Turkey. I live in İstanbul and have been teaching for nearly 3 years. I currently teach at a private primary school called Darussafaka. It is kinda foundation school that only provides education to those who have lost their fathers of several reasons.  I teach 4th, 5th and 7th grades. It was my dream job and thank God it came true and I started teaching even though i am originally a graduate of translation and interpreting studies department. Thanks for opening up such a topic and letting us know more about you...

Alper

20 May 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

WOW!!
It was great to get up thismorning, prepare my "mate" (typical argentinian beverage,also uruguayan, brazilian, paraguayan) and read all your posts...

Im going to visit my mom today with a big smile on my face

Those of you who havent participated yet, WE ARE WAITING!

Love, missveronica

20 May 2009     

ShirleyJ
United Kingdom

Hi
I agree - it �s interesting reading about all the different teachers who use this site... great fun to see where everyone is in the world!!

I �m Shirley - born and bred in London, and now living and teaching in Spain (near Alicante).. I teach kids from 5 to 14 in clases particulares (private after school classes).  It �s great fun and I really enjoy it.  Wish I had done it years ago when I was younger (I �m - gulp - 39 now..).

S x

20 May 2009     

magdita
Argentina

Hi! My name is Magdalena. I �m from Mendoza a city in Argentina. I �ve always lived here. I �ve got two children a boy and a girl, aged 5 and 3 .I �m really proud of them and love them with all my heart. I �ve been teaching English for 14 years. I teach children teens and adults, I also train teachers on International exams(F.C.E. CAE KET,etc) at a primary school. I love teaching and this site too! Thank you Veronica for introducing this topic and let us know a little about this great community.

20 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >