Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!! URGENT TRANSLATION NEEDED!!!!!!!!!    

HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!! URGENT TRANSLATION NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

Mar0919
Mexico

HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!! URGENT TRANSLATION NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

Hi to all dear teachers!!!! I urgently need your help! with so many things to do and so little time (does that sound familiar? ha ha ha!) my mind just went BLANK!!!!

Can anyone help me with the translation from Spanish to English, of the equivalent of "prefecto"??? this person is in charge of the discipline, here in schools in Mexico. I just can �t come up with a satisfactory translation. I �ve already googled it, but the translation doesn �t satisfy me at all.

Help, anyone????

Thanks!!!!!!!

Mar

P.S. By the way, to all Mexican teachers, is anyone attending Mextesol in a couple of weeks? this  year it will be in Monterrey. Hope to see you there!!!

8 Oct 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Mar...

I do not know how to say "prefecto" in English... sorry

Good luck in Mextesol! I am not going to go... no money Cry... enjoy it and have fun in Monterrey!!

8 Oct 2009     

Andr�iaPinsan
Brazil

Would it be "MAYOR"???

8 Oct 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Julieta. Thanks for your reply! I �ll keep crossing my fingers for someone to know the translation!!!

About Mextesol, I have no money either, but here �s a tip: I got the publisher, whose books we will use this year, to pay for the expenses!!! It was like a "plus" from them for us, for getting their materials in our school!!! Maybe you can still see if you can get help from them!

8 Oct 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you Andreia, for your help. Mmmm, I �ve  never heard of Mayor used in this case, but it �s an option! Thanks so much!

8 Oct 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I would have thought something more like Superintendent than Mayor. A Mayor is most commonly an elected official that is in charge of a town or city council.

Regards,
AB

8 Oct 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Alien boy, thanks for your help. Superintendent sounds better! Any other suggestions anyone?!?!?!

8 Oct 2009     

tresreinas
Argentina

What about invigilator??? 

8 Oct 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I �ve most commonly found �invigilator � is used for examination supervisors, at least in Australia, so it wouldn �t be suitable for an executive in charge of a bureaucratic division.

In England & Australia there used to be School Superintendents in charge of specific education department responsibilities. You will also find Superintendent used for specific members of the various police forces.

Cheers,
AB

8 Oct 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Tresreinas, Alienboy, thank you so much for your help!

8 Oct 2009     

Andr�iaPinsan
Brazil

Sorry dear...
I didn �t read your message properly before...
Now I read it again and then I could understand what you wanted.
Well... as you said that "el prefecto" is the person that is in charge of the discipline in schools there in Mexico.
In Brazil, the person that does this job is called "inspetor".. and the word for "inspetor" in English is "inspector"... so.. would it be the same for prefecto=inspector???
I hope so!!!
Kisses!!!

8 Oct 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >