Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The reporting page.    

The reporting page.

zailda
Brazil

That �s a good scale of values:

You do something wrong, but you are new here - you are banned;

You do something wrong, but have lots of friends - you are defended till death;

You defend the site interests - you are jealous and don �t have a life.

13 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Actually, not so true. It is quite vindictive to report "all" an old members worksheets instead of taking that up with Victor. There were other rules before and Mar hasn �t been on the site forever because of life issues.

I think a grace period should be offered. It is very different when a new member blatantly pastes and copies off the Net. But there was A LOT of work put into these worksheets and the saddest thing of all, is that it Mar had changed ONE word in each sentence - like many here have done when taking activities from books - then it is ok... I think that sometimes things are NOT black or white and all things need to be taken into account.  

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

It �s not vindictive, it �s just fair. She had the same grace all the others had. She �s not different from any member here - or so I suppose.

At first, only one of her wss were reported - a year ago. She didn �t update it. Yesterday 4 were reported and weren �t removed, even with the links proving they were copies.

We �re not vidictive, we �re only trying to be fair, with the same rules for everyone. And I have no reason for being vindictive, I don �t even know the member. And for me it �s indiferent whose copy it is. Since a ws is a copy, it �s to be removed, that �s all.

13 Feb 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

Copies were never allowed on this site. Neither a year ago nor now. There was always a sentence in the rules "Do not upload if you haven �t made it yourself". Mar was told not once that she uploaded copies and she had plenty of time to update them or remove. I can �t understand why so many members defend stolen work.

Dear Zailda, I agree with you 100%.

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Not only have they defended stolen work, but also have told us to "get a life". Maybe we should leave the site for the ones who like copies and feel uncomfortable or bothered with us reporting their friend�s copies.

13 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

I fully agree with you, dear Zailda. She had plenty of time to update her wss, but she chose not to. And don �t say she didn �t know. She was warned, she could have checked it at least before accusing other members in jealousy. She is not 5-year-old to do this kind of stuff.
And due to the amount of copied wss, hard to believe she really had no clue.

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

In fact I have no idea of the amount of copies she has. I got bored and stopped checking at the 9tn and other member checked other 2. And I checked so many only because of some members who were reluctant of voting for their removal, even with the links provided. Only 3 would be enough.

13 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

Since I started using this website a few months ago, I have seen this ongoing debate about stolen worksheets which, by the way, I agree is wrong whoever the person although I �m sure there is a lot I don �t know about individual cases.

I have also seen people suggest that the 30 free daily downloads should be cancelled if a member doesn �t upload for a while as they are taking advantage of the system.

I have seen people complain about members who spit their worksheets when not strictly necessary for file size problems in order to get more points which is also taking advantage of the system.

Basically, since I started here, I have seen people trying their best to find ways to get rid of members for not meeting standards in some way. I appreciate pride in the site and I am definitely on board people not copying . if I see something stolen and I know the webpage, I enter it, click and as far as I �m concerned that is done. However there comes a point where it all just seems like witchhunting - looking for excuses to ban people.

Now I don �t know how much a moderator does, and I don �t know what happens on the moderator pages and I �m ok with that. I would just like to go on the forums and read about Lana �s fantastic plans for an eslprintables meet, or discuss a grammar point with others or learn something new. I would like to see people given the benefit of the doubt and people made welcome here, not made to feel that they have to check every tiny detail in case something about their worksheet doesn �t meet standards or could be considered taking advantage of the system in some way. I �m sure there are many people, like myself, who have learnt a lot from this website, from looking at other people �s work, from seeing what works and what doesn �t. That is the reason I joined so could we please send the witchhunting back to the 1500s where it belongs?

I do not mean to offend anyone and I am not excusing those who deliberately plagerise. I am just a little tired of seeing the same topics again and again on the forums.

13 Feb 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

I wonder why those who advice others "to get a life" do not get it themselves?!

As for me, I am quite rare on the site (at least for the last 2 months) LOL

13 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

I �m not in favor of stealing.
I �m not in favor of hunting either.
Everything is a question of balance. Things aren �t so black and white, as Linda pointed out so wisely. Thanks for your words, dear Linda, they express what I feel.
I don �t see the point of reporting worksheet after worksheet and commenting over and over on all of them. It disturbed me a great deal to observe all the tearing apart last night and more and more today. 
If all or most of a member �s work happens to be stolen, Victor should  informed discreetely. No need to hang in public.  

13 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >