Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The reporting page.    

The reporting page.

zailda
Brazil

It �s sad for the ones who lost their friend, but it �s a great step in the right direction. We lost a member but we gained justice, and justice is blind. And so it has to remain.

13 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

I think it �s sad that people rejoice in this. It seems like people are revelling in the misfortune of others.

Mar was a very kind and helpful member and I am quite appalled that some people think that justice was done by this. Mar is a human being, and she didn �t copy and paste from the web as some people like to point out!!!

She took activities from a book WHICH BY THE WAY was uploaded illegally to the Internet. I am amazed at how quick we are to throw stones at other people �s roofs when many people here use reference material to make their work!

Mar, who has done nothing but try to help others out - I know this because she has helped me in numerous occasions, has had her account deleted and I wonder how the rest of her "friends" feel about it? Ever wonder why people are leaving?? Maybe they just don �t feel comfortable here anymore!

13 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Now everybody should be very happy and it is the end of this sad story, the member Mar (itxsabocn) had her account removed

Oh Susan, you look sooo happy to see accounts removed!... clap clap clap for you...

EDIT: this post of mine does not make sense anymore since Susan erased her comment

13 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I feel sad because of this, I think in every place in the world we have some role models who we respect.

Mar was / is one of them in this site and I feel terribly sorry becuase I know this will affect her feelings so much (I am sure it does not affect so much new member`s feelings when their accounts are cancelled)

I think ALL the members in this site should be warned before we delete their printables (not only the "important" ones but the "new" ones)

I tend to send pms to the members whose wss have been reported just because the description does not say "POSTER"... isn �t it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo silly to delete a poster because it does not say POSTER  ???????????? awwwwhhhh

This situation (Mar`s account cancelled) makes me think this site is going to end up soon as
I already said this before. I am sure that if someone has the brilliant idea of opening a new site very similar to this one some members will go there instead of here... don �t we all like a site where we can feel FREE !!!!!!!!! ?????

13 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Thanks again dear Linda - for your fair and wise words and your true sense of justice.

�I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.� Abraham Lincoln.

I �ll say good night with a lot of sadness. I �ve learnt something today over here for sure.

13 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Linda,
I don �t usually agree with you but this time you deserve a hugeClap
It �s sad what was happening over the last two days on the reporting page but I believe in justice and fair play for all - no matter how long they have been members or how many points they have. Maybe that �s why I �ve got so many enemies here but life isn �t always easy, is it?

Thanks for your wise words.

Let �s hope for better future, Michaela

13 Feb 2010     

eslchoco
Belgium

@ Michaela

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E

You wouldn �t know the meaning of fair.

hypocrite

/�noun

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

And the fact that you boast of how many enemies you have speaks volumes about you don�t you think?

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Since you are a 0-point member, is this class about this word to be considered as your first contribution to the site?

13 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@eslchoco

We have one saying in our country: Only an inteligent person can hurt my feelings.

As you don �t know me and made such a remark, you are obviously NOT someone who could hurt my feelings. You are obviously a very sad person, so I only feel sorry for you.

With regards and the wish of better life, MichaelaWink

@Silke, we had to send the post at the same time. Thanks for your support. I believe people who know me know I am not a hypocrite at all.

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I �m sure no one will take into consideration accusations from a member who needs a new account to "express" what he thinks.

13 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >