Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The reporting page.    

The reporting page.

zailda
Brazil

@lshorton99, sorry to say in this case there was no need to check the details, the text and exercises were copied from a book and some sites. There are 11 wss from the same member at this moment at the reporting page, with links proving they are copies.

Some of them were already reported in the past but they still remain here. Is that fair? Aren �t the rules for everyone here?

Reporting a printable as a copy has nothing personal, we have to provide a link. What �s personal in it? Do they think we create links just to get rid of people we don �t like? I don �t even know this member and have no reason to want their wss to stay or to go. But I want rules for everyone, and since she has broken the rules so blatantly, why shouldn �t she get the same treatment others have?

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@Aimee/S. there was no need of a hunting either. The wss were at the reporting page yesterday and weren �t removed. I don �t have much time to spare checking many links, I only check the ones that catch my  attention. In this case, I went to see what happened and unfortunately have much time, since today is holiday in Brazil.

It �s not a witch hunting, it �s a copy-hunting. And it �ll only stop when people start obeying the rules.

13 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Sorry - Silke - if childish means "sensitive", then I �ll happily remain childish.
If childish means "upset to see a member being torn apart and hung in public", then I �ll happily remain childish.
If childish means "being against the digging and the reporting of worksheet after worksheet instead of informing Victor discreetly", then I �ll happily remain childish.
If childish means not spending hours at the reported contributions fighting and again, sorry, tearing apart, but rather doing other stuff which my childish brain finds interesting, then I �ll happily remain childish.

Have a good Sunday,
Aimee

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

When we find a copy, we report it. Victor never told us to "inform him discreetly" about "special cases". He has never told us about "special cases" either.

And if the member is being exposed pubicly, whose fault is it? If some want to preserve her privacy, they shouldn �t have opened a thread on the topic.

And what�s "grey" about this case? For me things are black or white: either they are original or they are copies. What turns this case grey? The amount of points the member has? The long time she has been a member? The amount of friends she made here?

These concepts are subjective, when voting we are not to take them into consideration, sorry if some think they deserve it.

13 Feb 2010     

emulator
Egypt

shouldn �t we stop all this and and get back to our work as moderators-
digging for more hidden and forgotten wss of this member or other members that could be copied too?!
The time we, MODERATORS, spend catchting other members � stolen work is not wasted
it �s real fun

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

...or so they think, emulator.

13 Feb 2010     

Nessie33
Germany

Dear Aimee !Smile I agree with you  100 %Smile

13 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

@ Aimee/S. (quote) "If childish means "being against the digging and the reporting of worksheet after worksheet instead of informing Victor discreetly", then I �ll happily remain childish."
No-one is digging and reporting just for fun! I think we should separate friendship from what it wrong.. Just because you are friends with the user doesn �t mean you should defend copying. I �m sure the owner of the site was informed but maybe can �t answer all the pms and what �s more, the worksheets were reported and nothing happened, which is unfair.
If you are so disturbed by checking the reporting section, maybe you shouldn �t do it.. after all you just look.  don �t you?

@lshorton99,Lana �s marvelous idea is in the front page now, so there isn �t any need to feel upset about these discussions. You probably don �t understand that some people are banned from the site and others just get away with it..
If you don �t like to get involved in these things then don �t read them!

13 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Barbara
My opinion? Victor opened a different page to deal with this stuff of stolen printables, so, no need to bring it here.

Victor asked some members, with a certain amount of points to help keeping this site clean.

I don �t usually help a lot; I don �t have the time, but I am aware that this should be one of my obligations, because I take so much from this site; so, I must contribute and reviewing reported printables is just one way to do my task.

There is , obviously, something strange about all these 9 or 11 printables. I have no idea what is going on, but it seems to me it never happened before. Reporting with a link would lead to delete, immediately.

In today �s reporting page there was a printable of mine, that had been stolen, by a "someone" - it had been reported by Apayala - when I saw it , no one else had checked it again. Apayala provided a link from Galaxy, which was correct and I provided the second link, here in ESLprintables. This was about midday, now, it �s 6 o�clock and the reported printable is no longer there and the user has 0 points.

Justice runs for some of us, but it crawls for others, at least this is what it looks like.
The other member who stole of of my games is a NOONE, so her ( mine ) printable was deleted immediately.
Strange.
Why are Mar �s printables still there?

And, just to let you know, I do have a life, pretty, happy one, full of family and friends. Also I had some kind of education which taught me that when something is not right I have the right and the DUTY to fight, always, for what I defend, I think, for what I believe. Ideas, and for them, may be sure, I will never stop, I will never shut my mouth, I will always step ahead. That �s my way, and yes, Comme d �habitude, I will not change.

Big hugs
Happy carnival / mardi gras
linda

13 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

And the reporting page became so quiet...
Hopefully somebody will read this thread and consider deleting their copied work before being banned.

13 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >