Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Rules of the website    

Rules of the website

MarionG
Netherlands

Hello Victor,
I just had to click on the new rules. They are indeed very clear and I see you took into account things people mentioned in the forum. Wonderful to see you are so receptive and dedicated to making this site even better.
I can �t help feeling a little sad about it...Somehow all the rules seem so obvious and it shouldn �t be necessary to be so overly explixcit about everything. Once you think of the the sharing nature of this site and apply common sense about mutual respect and copyright, the rules are implicit. Reading all of it makes you kind of feel that people are out to cheat rather than out to share and help....It is like me having to say to students that they aren �t allowed to cheat on tests and they are not allowed to bite, hit or spit at each other. I shouldn �t need to say this kind of thing, it should be obvious. But as events on the site have shown (and incidents in the classroom tend to prove) it looks like things need to be spelled out ...
So thank you, you did a wonderful job that obviously needed to be done even though it makes the site seem like a less welcoming, a harsher place...............
(does anyone understand what I am trying to say?)

ooh, and if you �re already working on improving the site...a little daily annoyance... do you think it is possible to add a �back to the top � or �back to main page � button at the bottom of the recent contributions so I don �t need to scroll all the way back up to go back to the forum? (or maybe there is a trick I don �t know about?)

19 Feb 2010     

FroggyClaudine
France

I totally totally totally agree with Marion. Exactly what I feel

19 Feb 2010     

douglas
United States

Good job on the new rules Victor--thanx.

NOTE TO ALL: The new rules state that contributions must be 100% in English. 
    (This is a change, previously "some" first language was allowed).

Douglas

19 Feb 2010     

serene
Greece

Marion, I perfectly understand what you are trying to say and I totally agree with you. I, too,  wish there was no need for a whole page of rules. However, it seems there was no other way so I would like to thank Victor for his continuous efforts to make this great site even better.

Let me take this opportunity to thank all the members of ESLprintables for sharing their work. Special thanks to the members who offer their tutorials and templates to be downloaded freely.

Have a nice day
serene

19 Feb 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

Great changes, Victor!!! All the rules have been neatly and clearly stated , a matter that will  hopefully prevent any future  misunderstandings and any excuses.
Very proud of having such a great administrator like you!!!!
All the best,
Nebal

19 Feb 2010     

pollyanna_pl
Greece

Fantastic work victor! Every complication we come across has been taken into account!

I completely agree with marion that these things should be understood rather than stated as rules, but obviously there have been -and probably will be-  people who try to test the limits to taking advantage of others.
The new rules will safeguard everyone �s work - and perhaps will even make sure the wrong kind of people don �t stay here very long!

And a brief something I �ve been meaning to say for so long but have always left it for later...

Victor, you must be a wonderful person. You created this wonderful site, which screams "generous" from the very first moment you register. You keep your head in the middle of all the difficulties and eventually you come up with these new rules that take everything into account, yet maintain every bit of the original generosity - or even expand it!

Thank you victor, and thanks to all members, but especially to those whose work and attitude set the tone of the site. The site wouldn �t be the same without them! I am proud and honoured to be a member here!

All the best,
Pollyanna

19 Feb 2010     

Missfrancisca
Spain

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THIS COMMUNITY. THANK YOU FOR YOR GOOD WORK AND TIME.

19 Feb 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

"Don �t start a new topic when you are replying to a previous post."

This is a practical problem for me and perhaps for others in the far east as most discussions take place whilst we sleep. usually a discussion which I would normally be interested in has disappeared from the front page before I have a chance to respond.
It would be very useful if we could see more than just 20 results in the "Hot Topics" and "Recent Topics". Maybe what I have to say is not always so interesting but this rule means that the topic often dies before I have a chance to respond.
Or perhaps the front page could be made longer.  We know from experience that important topics are sometimes knocked off the page by long cut and paste from the net or sometimes by graphics.
Perhaps this should be a different topic but I am trying to discuss he new rules.
Thank you.

19 Feb 2010     

falafel
Tunisia

Thank you for caring  for us and spending time to provide the best.

19 Feb 2010     

denfer
Czech Republic

Thank you very much Victor,

I just wanted to ask if it would be possible to have a � Past perfect �section in the grammar menu. 

Thanks again.
Denisa

19 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >