Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > When did it become against the rules to express an opinion?    

When did it become against the rules to express an opinion?

magneto
Greece

When did it become against the rules to express an opinion?

Hello, dear colleagues!

I have a question to ask: When did it become against the rules to express an opinion?
I �ve just received a pm - in a rather aggressive tone, mind you - from another member (he/she knows who he/she is) evidently regarding my comment on Moakana �s post below (posting the link, just in case it has disappeared from the page while I was writing this: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=19984.)
To those of you who have read my post...Comments please:
1. Did you feel like I was playing an editor �s part and personally attacked a member for posting something against the rules?
2. Did you, at any moment, think that I believe asking for downloads on the forum is ok? (especially considering a previous thread started by me on the same topic: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=19787)...Or did you understand that, even though I don �t believe it �s ok, my opinion is that we shouldn �t attack new members who are not very familiar with the rules and that we should just ask them to take a more careful look at the rules?...Because the latter was the message I was trying to convey and I just want to make sure my ability to communicate effectively in English is good.
Has anyone else received such a pm?...And, if you have, please don �t mention the sender �s name on the forum. Just say you have and I �ll know who it is. This is not personal. It �s about freedom of speech.

Sorry for asking about this on the forum. Consider it as a poll.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and perhaps even answer.
Have a great weekend!

4 Jun 2010      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Magneto...

I see nothing wrong with your comment, you were only trying to help; there are always people around telling the others what and how to do things in the site, they give opinions as if what they think is the only correct option

Maybe that is one of the reason some of us (members who have been here for some years) do not participate as much as before in the forum.

Deaf ears to that kind of attitudes, have a good day!

4 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Hiya JulitaWink
Oh well, Magneto, I guess many of us got pms from people who disagree...Well, I did!! LOL The good thing about pms is that we can keep it to ourselves, & maybe (?) try to share different opinions...I �m not sure (Wink ) I always managed to convince, but at least I �m happy these pms have always been polite, & respectful.
Cheers,
Sylvie

4 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

your comments were prefectly fine!! (contrary to mine who were almost rude one could think)
don �t worry, just reply to the PM explaining your point of view ;)
have a nice day
Elodie

4 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Common......there �s nothing wrong with your comments/posts on the forum.  Nobody attacked Moakana. Some of us offered free stuff(against the rules , but anyway.....there is a Mother Theresa on every site, I guess) and some of us explained how we all started from zero points and it was difficult but we made it!!! 
Talking about helping the new members....PLEASE , if there is any member who asked me for help and I refused him/her,speak now or forever remain silent! I �ve always replied every PM or e-mails and helped, but begging on the forum .....it �s just too much. 

So...relax M, there �s nothing wrong with you. 

4 Jun 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Sylvie

4 Jun 2010     

Mouna mch
Algeria

cannot see anything wrong with what you have said!!!!

much noise about nothing.. some people just like to give it more than what it deserves..

don �t be sad dear Magneto.. may be the best thing to be done as Julieta VL has already said is to give a deaf ear...

Enjoy your weekend..

Mouna

4 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

PS : Agree with ALL previous posts, of course!Wink

4 Jun 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

There is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, and I don �t find anything wrong in what you said.   It is healthy to express opinions, otherewise what kind of society would we be living in.

Many people who belong to the site are willing to give advice and share in any way possible.  I know for myself anytime I have received a pm I am always willing to help and share in any way I can.

I agree with what some members suggested if you require a worksheet ask the author for it.  What I am against is starting the policy of sending  and asking for worksheets via the forum.  If we start this there will be a landslide of requests and it will be an on going process that will never end.

4 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you all for your support! You �re the best!
I guess the problem is that this has never happened to me before and I was shocked...This site is full of great members and I had never seen that coming!
ESLP rocks!!!Thumbs Up

4 Jun 2010     

serene
Greece

Hi, magneto! I don �t think your comment was offensive in any way. Perhaps there has been some misunderstanding. 

4 Jun 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >