Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Answer Keys    

Answer Keys

victor
Spain

Answer Keys

Hello again,

Since there has been a general agreement, I �ve included this in the rules of the website:

Answer keys are highly appreciated, but they must be included in the same document as the original worksheet, not uploaded as a different one.

Worksheets which are just the answer key of another document can be reported from now on.
As usual, older worksheets can �t be reported for this reason.

I �l leave this message in the main page for a few days, so that everybody can read the new rule.

Thank you all

Victor

25 Nov 2010      

blizzard1
Denmark

Thumbs Up

Wise and fair decision, dear Victor.

25 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Good decision, VictorThumbs Up

Perhaps you could also include the rest of your post ("Worksheets which are just the answer key of another document can be reported from now on. As usual, older worksheets can �t be reported for this reason.") in the rule and add the date on which the rule was made, just to be on the safe side.

Thank you for all the work you �re doing for this site!

25 Nov 2010     

juliag
Japan

Good addition to the rules, thank you Victor.

I was wondering if it would be possible to either a) put a list of the old rules and the date on which they were changed or b) put a list of the things for which old worksheets can and cannot be reported again with the date change, on the moderators � page, as I must admit sometimes I find it hard to remember what the rules were before they changed and then I �m not sure which way to vote in the case of older worksheets. Maybe the problem is just me and my sometimes too forgetful brain, but for me it would be a helpful addition, though maybe other people don �t feel we need it, in which case that is fine, too.

have a great Friday and weekend.

26 Nov 2010     

melahel7
Canada

Glad we could settle this down.  Thanks ! 

26 Nov 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

I see my questions and the post was on death ears!!!
Lets see how many people will have their membership on this site continue being cancelled.

Please Victor you need to look at the whole picture of the rules not just this one rule.

Some people on this rule code get it wrong or don �t fully 100% understand it and make silly rule mistakes........

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

26 Nov 2010     

douglas
United States

In reply to Starr�s post: Why don �t we just make it so that worksheets older than 6 months cannot be reported at all, (with the exception of copyright infringement)?

26 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

You see, all members with 10 points  (or so, don�t remember exactly) are able to report worksheets, so it�s not the moderators� fault if old worksheets are reported wrongly.

When you access an old worksheet, you only have three options to report:

It�s a copy from the web page: (provide the link - without it, it�ll be impossible to check).

It�s a copy from the book: (provide the book title and page, so the moderators who have the book will check it).

It�s repeated. The first one is here: (provide the link from the same member�s worksheet this one is a perfect copy of. Make sure the descriptions are different. If both worksheets have the same description, they are not to be reported.)

There�s a reason for having only those three options under old worksheets: they are not to be reported for other reasons. It doesn�t matter whether you agree or not, it doesn�t matter if you think they should be reported, and etc.

We are allowed to report or remove worksheets only if they infringe some rule. And � of course � rules stated after the worksheet was uploaded don�t apply to it.

Let�s respect the site rules, please. I know that some are eager to clean the site, but let�s do it strictly following the rules and the directions we have from the administrator.

The worksheet uploader, how many points the ws got, if the uploader is our friend or our enemy, etc� are not to be considered when checking / reporting a worksheet, if we want to be fair.

26 Nov 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

Starrr. Who are these valuable members? Ones who gained their reputations on the backs of other people �s hard work? Let �s be rid of such people.
The  "3 strikes" and you are out was good on paper but in practice there were some serious problems, so now that rule no longer applies. No one will have their account cancelled unless they deserve it and the only one with power to cancel accounts is Victor. Let �s not pull the teeth out of the moderating system by red flagging reported worksheets or putting a statute of limitations on worksheets; there needs to be consequences for infringements of the rules.
At one time I also thought that people who seriously infringed the rules should be banned, but allowing people to open a new account gives members the chance to start anew and I believe that most such members will upload their own work this time and not continue in their old ways. Members asked for a kinder place and Victor has given it to them.
As for reporting old worksheets, well I don �t see any problem as long as they are reported for valid reasons, which unfortunately is not always the case. I check old worksheets, of course not all, and report them if I believe them to be �taken � from someone other than the claimed author.  Checking old worksheets is not easy as many worksheets or their content has been stolen from members and uploaded elsewhere so we need to check dates and copyright claims carefully.
Of course the moderating system is not perfect and mistakes are sometimes made, but these IMO are exceptions. It would be good to have a separate moderators � forum where moderators could discuss reporting and moderating freely and where members could share  their knowledge and experience. At the moment valuable discussions sometimes take place on the reported worksheets page but these discussions are soon gone. Alternatively we could have a FAQ page for moderators which would help me and other less experienced moderators.
My tuppence worth.

26 Nov 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

And to add to David �s comment:If you �re a valuable member, wouldn �t you already have updated your worksheets to fit the rules?
I don �t know if I �m a valuable member but I certainly would have made some changes already.

Secondly, I don �t go on witch hunt. Sometimes I search the archives for something specific. If I see something that breaks the rules, I will report. I don �t care about the date when it was uploaded.

26 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Manon has a point there!

26 Nov 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >