Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Using ESLP for English help    

Using ESLP for English help

Flora1
Brazil

donapeter
Romania 

I just can �t help myself noticing that you are always in a difficulty and you are always crying for help! Lucky you! You have us!
Well.....Earth -written with capital letter means planet Earth. Earth written in lowercase means also dirt, soil, ground. So, the difference is that the first one is a proper noun, the second one- a common noun.
On the other hand, Earth can be used in fix collocations as in "why on earth....?" .
Then, planets , in general, do not take The as an article. The Earth seems to be an exception.

Anyway, the answer is always here, we just have to Google a little and ...here it is...we find it!!!
I recommend this article : :http://englishwithjennifer.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/english-articles-one-of-the-trickiest-grammar-topics-on-earth/

11 Dec 2010     

12 Dec 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

I said it yesterday, SOME MODERATORS  are really rude here and want to be the Masters. When I started here I was boring but I also was afraid of some people way of talking. I�ve changed but others are still the same like lions to attack!!!

12 Dec 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Flora dear, define MODERATOR! Who is a moderator here? And what are his/her duties?

12 Dec 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

I totally understand Nerfet and you are right !!!!We need to help�each other and not just to want to be the best!!!

12 Dec 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

You are weird, just it, maybe this is your rule!!

12 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

@Flora, seems to me you �re biting the hand that fed you. 

12 Dec 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

the answer that I posted was not for me but for Pretty 33. I am nt here to pleaser anyone!!

12 Dec 2010     

swissprof
Switzerland

People that are irritated by the questions of some members shouldn �t feel obliged to give an answer so they could save their nerves and let other people answer in a friendlier way !

We are all adults and is it really the correct place to educate people ?

I think that we have enough to do in our classrooms

Swissprof

12 Dec 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

that�s exactly what I wanted to say swissprofClap

12 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

And people who are irritated by the actions of a specific member should do it through pm, not in public.

12 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >