Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Using ESLP for English help    

Using ESLP for English help

teresapr
Portugal

12 Dec 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

@ Neferti

I hope now  you can see all the waste of time you brought to the forum and, moreover, I do hope you manage to see how bad your contribution has been. Nothing good has come up.

@ Dona, thank you so much for so many things you have done, so many times you have helped me.

And I am not referring to your brilliant  contributions with your printables.

Have a nice and peaceful week, my friends.

Linda

13 Dec 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

YEAHHHH, if Dona can use her soft language, let�s make the same. If she can we can!! 

13 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

The way I see it, I should stop helping people on this site. I would not want to insult someone and see my name dragged in the dirt by a person who was not even involved in the situation to start with.

Not long ago, someone who participated in this thread today was asking for a second chance. I now guess forgiveness was a one-way street. 

13 Dec 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I would just like to say I believe that a relevant matter, which more often than not causes trouble among members is English itself. Many members have very poor English knowlegde and sooo often misread, misunderstand and mistake other members � words. From my POV, together with many members lack of sense of humor and light-heart, that causes a lot of bickering. I myself don �t mind people asking questions on the forum, I just believe sometimes members have very little sense of sharing and do hog the forum, with two, three threads a day... (that �s not very caring, that �s selfish). But what cracks me up (sorry for saying so) is seeing members who can barely conjugate verbs trying to teach others by copying explanations from the web. Which BTW, proves that sometimes, a quick search on the web would be much better than coming straight here.

Let �s not forget that we are thousands of members and we only have 10 visible threads. It �d be great if people started to use the forum with (at least a little, very little) more moderation.

And when I read something about sin in here, I couldn �t help but ROFLMAO

@Manon... I know exactly what you are talking about and I second your every word.

13 Dec 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Bruna, Clap
Teresa, very nice phrases written there, thank you!
 Hug

13 Dec 2010     

Errie
Japan

Like I �ve said before, just ignore the so called � �rude � � posts and just read the ones who are giving a helping hand.

@Bruna you wrote:
I myself don �t mind people asking questions on the forum, I just believe sometimes members have very little sense of sharing and do hog the forum, with two, three threads a day... (that �s not very caring, that �s selfish).

If those are considered � �asking for help questions � � then what �s the use of having a � �ask for help � � section at the forum in the first place. People are free to ask whatever and whenever they feel so imho. Many people are here to learn and reading some of the posts here, that �s exactly what a lot of members are doing by the people who provide answers to their questions. Isn �t that great? Smile

It �s not my intention to flame or what so ever but I was just wondering why you think people cannot ask multiple questions and call that selfish. There are not only teachers here also students and what could be a better place to learn something. My grandmother use to say to me.....ask, ask, ask and you�ll be a wiser person in the end.

13 Dec 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I �m guessing English got in the way once more.
Errie, I �m not sure why you ask me why I sometimes think people "hog" (see definition here) the forum, since I explained it in my post.

We are thousands of members and only have 10 visible threads. I don �t come to the forum for every single simple doubt I have, I search, I study, I don �t expect everyone to give me everything. If I can �t find what I need, I come here for help and so far, I �ve always gotten all the help I needed.

Anyways, I believe I explained my thoughts well. It may not be everyone �s thoughts, but they are mine.

My grandmother used to always say one thing too... some people are just to lazy to do things themselves. Don �t be like that, my granddaughter. And I follow her advice.

13 Dec 2010     

teachertonyinchina
China

We are all teachers. Should we not help each other? Some members like to criticize other teachers about asking questions, would the time spent doing this not be more productive and better spent by answering the questions? I don �t use this site often now as I have found some members have the us and them attitude. There can be no excuse for negative comments about other teachers on a public forum.

13 Dec 2010     

Gustavo20
Argentina

you all really know how to waste your time... the thing about stupidity by Einstein... he couldn �t have been more right...

13 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >