Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Dear Moderators    

Dear Moderators

mena22
Portugal

Dear Moderators

I �ve received a message from eslprintables administration saying that my reading/writing worksheet "Bullying - why me?" had been removed for this reason:

It is repeated. The first one is download with out download and my points decrease

Mabdel and MJ_Misa, I think, left comments stating the worksheet was not repeated and should, therefore, stay. I left a comment too, explaining what I thought the reporting member meant: for some reason, when he/she tried to download my worksheet, he/she lost points.

I sent a message to the member, and she proved my guess was right - when I download this worksheet my points became less without download any thing.please, I want your help.

To sum up,
     - a worksheet was reported because it was repeated;
     - no link was provided;
     - the member tried to explain why she was reporting it: her points decreased and
        she didn �t get the worksheet;
     - this is not a valid reason to report a worksheet.

In spite of this, more than 50% of the moderators voted for the removal of the worksheet.

It makes me wonder...

Wish you all a wonderful weekend.
Hugs from cloudy, but warm Azores,

mena

10 Dec 2011      

Yolandaprieto
Spain

I agree with you Mena, there should be clear proofs or valid reasons to remove a worksheet.
Fortunately Mena you don �t need the points but I guess it is a question of honor.
Yolanda

10 Dec 2011     

cagreis
Portugal

Hi Mena
Unfortunately some members seem eager to report the work of others but without really knowing why. Don �t take it so personally... you know what you are worth and your contribution to this site is priceless.
Hugs
Carlos Reis

10 Dec 2011     

mena22
Portugal

I �m not taking it personally, dear carlos. To tell you the truth it didn �t bother me to have the worksheet reported because I understood the member was new here and did it without thinking. What bothers me is that more than 50% of the moderators voted for removal for no reason. Ermm

10 Dec 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

I think reporting under the banner �repeated � or �copied � shouldn �t be even be possible without providing a valid link.

I �m sure Victor will restore the ws, but I agree it �s a hassle.

10 Dec 2011     

donapeter
Romania

Mena, the eternal excuse : "new member". Common!! And yes, the other 50% were probably also new moderators! 
These "new" people made me take a break from here and all those neverending excuses "i am too new and i haven �t read the rules YET"

10 Dec 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Mena,
I am sorry to read this. The reporting was so unclear I even doubt it was English and I can �t believe some moderators voted for removal despite of the comments about wrong reporting. But as you know yourself, there are still some moderators (especially the new ones) who don �t bother to read the rules properly yet they feel as great moderators. I believe new moderators should at least a week only watch what �s going on in the reporting section before they start doing the job.

I am sure Victor will restore your ws and some moderators will read your thread and will learn something from it.

Have a great weekend, Michaela Smile

10 Dec 2011     

lady_gargara
Turkey

A moderator (has more than 5000 points) should know the rules, I think. How people can vote it without seeing a valid link, it is really amazing. But I �m sure Victor will solve this problem, too. We know your great contribution to the site and you are right about your wonder.

Do not worry and have a nice weekend :)
Nebihan

10 Dec 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Dear Mena,

The explanation was so unclear that I expected others � opinion. And I followed Mabdel and Michaela �s experience !

Don �t worry : you are a very worthy member of this site !

Have a splendid Sunday dear !

Plenty of hugs.

Maryse.

10 Dec 2011     

Rosa F�lix
Portugal

this is not nice!

I �m getting disappointed.

10 Dec 2011     

firstime
France

I am really surprised to read a worksheet from Mena22 was removed from the site... She is one of the most inventive and dynamic members of ESL printables; I find it hard to imagine the moderators would have thought she had copied someone else �s WS.
Kind regards,
Firstime.

10 Dec 2011     

1    2    3    4    Next >