Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Misusing the forum    

Misusing the forum

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Misusing the forum

I am really surprised how some members started abusing the forum again. When there appeared a birthday wish yesterday I hoped It �s not going to become a habit but today I am not so sure about it. Victor pays for the server and this is the way of appreciation? Just a little reminder:

The forum:

• You are free to use the forum to express yourself, ask for help, make suggestions, etc.

• If you start a new topic, please write a descriptive title and keywords. It will be easier for other members to find it later.

• Don �t start a new topic when you are replying to a previous post.

• Don �t use the forum to advertise your worksheets or other users � worksheets. (You can do it if another member asks for a specific content or topic).

• If you want to share photos, wishes, funny videos, etc. please use the "teachers´ cafe", not the forum.

And now you feel free to torture me!

2 Apr 2010      

lshorton99
China

I went back to look at the rules and I had missed the word �wishes � as things not to post on the forum. MJ Misa is completely correct although I don �t think wishing someone a happy birthday on the forums counts as the end of the world!

2 Apr 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

You are completely right, Michaela...

I also just went back to the rules and saw this one too....

*  If you want to share photos, wishes, funny videos, etc. please use the "teachers � cafe", not the forum.

As "old" members I think it is a good idea to read the rules now and again just to refresh our memory and respect the rules 100%.

Hope you are all enjoying a blessed Easter weekend.
Joey

2 Apr 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I send this message again because I hope Victor will read it.

Well, I agree with Michaela, but you can �t imagine how happy I was to see all the messages here on the forum yesterday! It �s true that not all the people visit the cafe that is why some people here won �t be able to congratulate the collegues.

Maybe we should ask Victor to let these messages stay on the forum for 24 hours and after the party is over they would be deleted by him? The person whose birthday is celebrated will be able to see all the congratulations and the space will be OK.

2 Apr 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

"Abusing" the forum...

Let �s say the forum was a real place - where teachers met for real -
Let �s say that some people - such as Linda - were helping for real and answering questions without getting tired or upset - without ever telling people "go look in a dictionary" or "go look in a grammar book - always kindly and sweetly and probably with a smile on her face too -

Well,

On her birthday, I would expect people to be grateful and bring her flowers or a birthday cake.

Or perhaps just say "Happy Birthday".

And that �s not called abusing, that �s called being grateful.

2 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Ishorton,
of course it is not the end of the world, but maybe you remember Victor had to move and pays this site from another server because of the space. What I mean is that ALL the thread on the forum will stay here for ever (and so they take the space), while the threads in the caf� are being removed regularly (so no wasted space there). Hope you got my point.Wink

2 Apr 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

mj i am sorry but i dont understand... where it says that it �s against the rules wishing HB?  I have seen worst post than that. Has Victor expressed something against that?

2 Apr 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

Personally, all these hopping bunnies and dancing Easter eggs want to make me upchuck my jellybeans. Please, put them in the cafe.

2 Apr 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

I love seeing "Happy birthdays" on the forum. It makes the forum a lively place.

2 Apr 2010     

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
   I am really surprised also I agree with Ishhorton99 because there are other situations and they are really breaking the rules I have seen some worsheets here that don �t follow them copies from magazines or books and are not reported they have a lot of points I think is not fair.And wishing someone �s birthday I think is not bad as Silvanija said It makes the forum a lively place......
Thanks
   Bego�a

2 Apr 2010     

graca pereira
Portugal

I absolutely agree with MJ_Misa and Joeyb1. If you want to wish someone a HB you can always send a private message...

2 Apr 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >