Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The reporting page.    

The reporting page.

eng789
Israel

The reporting page.

I am intentionally not pointing fingers and naming names -  but I think that some
people here must be really bored with their lives to spend so much time on the reporting/ abuse page. 

It is not a game - some member �s reputations on the line.   And other members are jabbed at with rude comments -  I personally find it disgusting. 

13 Feb 2010      

cheezels
New Zealand

Ditto.

13 Feb 2010     

dennismychina
China

Not again. "I�m not pointing fingers, just follow my eyes".

Why don�t you moderators arrange for a moderator�s reporting moderators reporting abuse page or form a witch hunt, witch hunting committee. I�m sure that the majority of the members aren�t particularly interested how the moderators spend their time or how much bickering goes on behind the scenes. And furthermore as only monitors have access to the area you are talking about, I�m sure that what you�re saying is seen by all moderators, who, I�m quite sure, can make up their own minds.

Have a lovely weekend.

Dennis.

PS. �I love this site and all you fantastic - dedicated teachers�.

13 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Barbara, I �m with you! You are absolutely right!

13 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@dennismychina

Very nicely said. Thumbs Up
(And I am not saying it because it �s me the finger should be pointed atWink) I just don �t understand why is this thread on the forum when the majority knows nothing about what �s going on there.Confused

Have a nice day/evening/ morning everybody, I am off.

13 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Some people should seriously and urgently get a life.............

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

No, for me some are so bored with their lives and career that they seem to have fun publising copied work. They should get a life instead.

At the abuse page we are only doing the best with our (short) spare time, engaged in  something we believe in. Maybe some would consider a better contribution if we were at home doing the dishes and watching a soup opera. But since today is a holiday,  we have some time in hand to do whatever we want.

Some of us have chosen to leave the housework undone & the TV off, and contribute with some effort to get rid of some copies people who don �t have dishes to wash (or so I assume) decided to upload here.

Have a nice day

Zailda

13 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

@barbara, amiee, I totally disagree with you!!
what is total impunity and wrong is that some members, because they are old members and have their little gourps, can upload MANY copied worksheets and get away with it while many others lose their accounts daily!

This is not about having a life or not! I think that the secretively, silent members who never show up and vote secretively should get a life!

I find terrible that some (and this particular member -the reason you opened a thread like this) had the cheek to open a thread and accuse people of being jealous and revengeful!! Why would someone be jealous? because they can upload copied things and get away with it? I wonder why the silent members don �t come here to say why a worksheet with correct links to prove those worksheets are stolen don �t show up to defend them but vote secretively!
Are there members who are more equal than others?

13 Feb 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

Have you looked at the date of the thread? It was a year ago that she posted. Do you think maybe she didn �t know the source... hence then saying that the person was jealous. I mean it seems a strange thing for her to say if she KNEW that they were copied....

This is a decision for Victor and Victor alone because a year ago he ok �d the printables. Now things are different so actually he needs to make a fair decision that is fair for all concerned.

If Victor had not given the ok a year ago this member would not be hung out to dry right now.

Less of the witchhunting. Sometimes there ARE shades of GREY and in this case because Victor did not delete them OR tell this member to delete them back then, then everything that is going on in the moderating section would not be going on.
I am off out now, but I do hope that everyone CHILLS OUT and basically let the owner of this site sort it out.

Some members are NOT more equal than others, the site today is NOT the site it was a year ago or even more. Today things are different and this case is unique in that Victor AT THE TIME said it was ok.
Because of this, it is at his discretion about what happens now.

AND:
No I am not defending copied work.
No I do not advocate copying of any kind.

BUT I am trying to say this is a grey case.

13 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

At the mentioned thread Victor stated a condition. He said "if your mother made the worksheet...". In fact, her mother didn �t, they are copied from a book. And copies were never allowed. In addition, I doubt Victor would have defended the wss if he had known it was a copy.

But today we have 11 of the same member �s contributions with the link proving they are copies. And Victor didn �t give his "OK" for some, since it �s the first time they are reported.

Victor told us to check the wss and if the wss are copies, they are to be removed. These are the rules and I �m convinced he won �t act against the rules he created himself to protect his site.

13 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Ditto Barb... and Cheezel - thank you for the words of reason and wisdom.

13 Feb 2010     

1    2    3    4    5    Next >