Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Using ESLP for English help    

Using ESLP for English help

neferti
France

Using ESLP for English help

Hello dear members,

I just came across with this interesting topic.

I think that "some" people are really aggressive and just want to make us feel inferior. Please, take a look at this.

12 Dec 2010      

ghadasami
Iraq

Hi , teachers of English
             We are all teachers and students , and we are at our best , when we teach ourselves what we need to learn. I �m a teachers � trainer , and believe , helping each other makes the world a better place. Thank you so much.
                           Best regards
                                         Ghada

12 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Sometimes it �s good to let bygones be bygones.  I �m not sure what �s the point of bringing this post back on the forum.

I could bring back many threads where the "some people" you are referring to in your link were helpful to other members.

12 Dec 2010     

Fabiola R
Argentina

This is a community, and members of a community are supposed to colaborate and cooperate with each other. That �s the way to grow individually and as a group.
I think we are here to help and to be helped by others. We are here to share not only our ws and creations (which are really useful), but also to help those who need so...

Have a good day!

Faby. Big smile

12 Dec 2010     

neferti
France

I think the same Fabiola, that �s while I can stand the way some people behave

12 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

@neferti, you can �t use the forum for personal attacks.

If you have a problem with that person, do it privately please.

12 Dec 2010     

neferti
France

I never speak with her, I don �t know her. I �m just talking about her actions, nothing personal with her!

12 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

My perception is you brought this thread back just to point her out.  (Actually, you did it twice in this thread)
What I know is that she has helped many members on this site and yet, this was not acknowledged. Can �t a person have a bad day?  Like you say, you don �t know her. Before you point out her actions, why don �t you have a look at all her actions?  Maybe you �ll feel like getting to know her a little bit more.

12 Dec 2010     

neferti
France

what about this , another bad day? you know, I have many of hers

Come on, there�s no excuses! 

Imagine this situation, you have a bad day and that day you have to teach, will you tell your students "why are you asking me, why don �t you use your dictionary or google it?" Ermm

12 Dec 2010     

donapeter
Romania

This site is for teachers( Victor stated this,not me). So, we don �t see the relation between us, the teachers, as the relation teacher-student. This is why I do not recommand the FOrum as a proffesional source od information! Here we give opinions! Our opinions and our experience. If we want to act proffesionally we give an authorized source: a book,a dictionary etc. 
In my opinion , I did more than the other members here did: 1. I gave my opinion AND 2 I gave sources, authorized sources.
More than that, I shared my personal wss with you all! My over 35 000 points are not .....let �s say....a bad person �s act! As I share them with you! I rarely download from here.

Why don �t you let Pretty3 to argue for herself? As she was the one implied here? Why isn �t she complaining?

Just starting a post only to blame someone instead of creating something to share...seems to me......innappropiate! And a break of Victor �s rules.

12 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Both links you are giving directs us to the same situation.  It �s the same "bad day".

How long have you been teaching? I �ve certainly said things to my students that I regret and probably will say more dumb things. But I know I �ll be judged for what I did overall and that means I �ve done more good things than bad.  And to refer to that specific question, yes, I �ve told my students to use a dictionary.

12 Dec 2010     

1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >