Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > How about crowning a worksheet of the day?    

How about crowning a worksheet of the day?

PhilipR
Thailand

If you �re not going forward you �re going backward.

It seems to me that ESLP has been standing still for too long, so I do see merit in new ideas such as �a ws of the day �.

There also should be a way to delete or edit vitriolic and unacceptable posts such as the ones seen in this discussion. Allowing rants like these is simply uncivilised. Isn �t it time to get some moderators and a completely new forum (where we could have a Games section)?

The war against copies could be stopped if we simply stopped charging for downloads. A Merit or Karma button to give praise might be another idea, although every new feature will indeed have its loopholes to be abused by unscrupulous members.

Anyway, it seems to be correct that some members have gone to pastures new, but that might just be part of (ESL or Internet) evolution... BTW, whatever happened to Lana (remember, she had the ESLP congress idea last year)?

18 Feb 2011     

tancredo
Portugal

Oh, my God! Is this really happening?
Where have all the manners gone?

18 Feb 2011     

libertybelle
United States

For what it �s worth - I think the best pat on the back you can get, is people downloading your stuff. I hate any form of popularity contests.
If you find something you like - download it!
Too many are in such a hurry to upload  get points, that they don �t use the time on corrections.
It is inexcusable for any teacher to hand out worksheets with mistakes.
Once a students has learned something wrong - it is so hard to "unlearn" it again.
That �s my humble opinion.

18 Feb 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Did someone say manners?   I have a good quote about that:

BTW, this thread doesn�t bother me - manners aside, it�s been an interesting read and I have my own opinion.  We all know that sometimes threads here get a bit toxic and this site is certainly no exception - you have to take the good with the bad, use what you need and don�t let the rest upset you.  If it bothers you then take a break rather than respond.  There�s more disasters in the world to worry about than threads gone astray here.

18 Feb 2011     

lshorton99
China

While I personally don �t agree with the idea of choosing a worksheet of the day, I certainly don �t understand why the idea was greeted with such bile or while the thread was hijacked into personal attacks on Regina. Frankly the amount of abuse here is tantamount to cyber bullying.

It �s a public forum - new ideas should at least be respected and considered on their merits rather than being used as a platform for other agendas.

I haven �t been on this site as much recently so it �s good to know I haven �t missed much.

Lindsey

18 Feb 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

I strongly support PhilipR �s view that the forum needs moderation

This debate should have been stopped on its second or third page
It �s a pity that (normally) level-headed people like blunderbuster let themselves get carried away by the aggression of other people and fire back instead of stepping back from the fight. The whole thing ends up in slaughter ...

18 Feb 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

I have deleted a long comment. I won �t post it here, instead I will teach my dog how to use a knife and fork.

Thanks to those who tried to or were able to see the light and sent support.

18 Feb 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8