Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2    

BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2

mena22
Portugal

GSmileSmileD MORNING from Angra do Hero�smo, my hometown (Terceira Island).

When I logged in I was extremely happy to read some more messages from members willing to join us in our project - the 1st ESLprintables Congress. It is so wonderful to see, day after day, that more and more members are taking this event seriously and with such enthusiasm, whether they are up to an international meeting or a regional one.

Of course it would be WONDERFUL if we all could meet in the same place, at the same time... That is not possible for various reasons, though - from geographical, personal to financial, just to name a few.But after all, isn �t the main aim of this project to get members of the site together, so that they can meet, know each other better, share ideas and opinions as English teachers? Yes, it is. That �s what unites us! That �s The Spirit of the 1st ESLprintables Congress, which will include several congresses in several countries so that everybody has the chance to choose the one that is more convenient for them. Smile

Even so, some might not be able to participate this year, as a few members have already told me. However, as they themselves have put it, next year or in two years they will definitely participate and, meanwhile, they will rejoice for those who are meeting, anticipating what they are going to feel when they join in. Again, that �s what unites us! That �s the Spirit! Hug

Philip, I have no idea of the virtual world you talk about but we can check. A virtual meeting is by no means absurd, I even like the idea, but I �d say that it doesn �t replace the other. Why not have both? Wink

Wish you all a nice weekend. Please keep sending me or Lana your messages.

Hugs,
mena

13 Feb 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

Philip �s suggestion is great, as I said before with two small children to look after and not two pennies to rub together, it �d be impossible for me to travel abroad, and as I can see in the thread a lot of other members are in the same position as me... 
Hugs
Carina

13 Feb 2010     

ynroko1
Slovenia

Hi everybody.
I like the idea, too. (I haven �t read all the posts on the forum).
As I remember we talked about it last fall or something like that.

I �d love to join such an event. It would be interesting and useful to exchange our opinions and experince live.

I also agree with the "geographical" problem.
But couldn �t the congress be held in more continents (one place in Europe, one in USA, Latin America, Australia...)?
And according to the techonology we have today,  we could use  "on-line conference " to connect all meeting places and communicate at the same time...
Well...I �m just sharing my thoughts...
Have a nice weekend.
Y.

13 Feb 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Online conference - how clever is that!Thumbs Up

People can choose what to join  -

- either a real life one in the destination of their convenience
- or a real one in their country
- or an on-line one in their homes!

13 Feb 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

Good aftertoon from Greece...

Hope everyone is well...
Meeting would be a great idea...Wether it is live or Online conference....It doesn �t matter...as long as we have the chance to...Hug or say hello...
so...either way...im in....

13 Feb 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

Lana, you rock!!!  Excellent idea!!!!

Carina

13 Feb 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Thanks people - it �s you who rock more, though.Thumbs Up

13 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Marion,

I live alone. I pay for all my expenses since I don �t get to share them with a hubby. I am not rich, nor in an elite group. The last time I �ve taken the plane for my own pleasure was... let me think.... about 20 years ago. I �ve been working my ass off (like most of you guys) to put money aside for eventually travelling to Europe one day because this is one of my dreams. I see my friends traveling south on March break to get a little bit of sunshine and get away from the cold and snow. I don �t.

I think it �s sad that you can �t afford to go and I really hope we can find ways to make it available to the largest group of people but....I refuse to let people spoil my fun now.

13 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi again Lana and Mena!
You both ROCK - yes, yes, you do!!! LOL
Spain is great but it may not suit everyone in Europe because of the distance and the cost.
I could come but if another meeting is organized around Greece, Turkey or Cyprus for people close to these countries - I would happily be part of it, too.

13 Feb 2010     

margax
Spain

Hi teachers,
I had a look at SECOND LIFE and it sounds rather interesting to me!!...Besides, Sevilla is scorching hot in summer!!!!!

13 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    Next >