Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2    

BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Hi there...

I think Spain would be a nice place to start with...
In my opinion, it would be a way of recognising Victor �s work... with the FIRST meeting
in his country!

What do you think?

Regards
L�cia
Portugal

11 Feb 2010     

lovinglondon
Spain

HOW , WHEN, WHERE !!!!!!!!!!! This is a wonderful idea !!! However I �m with SilviaMontra, that the first meeting should be in our own countries. It could be a first contact so that we could meet afterwards to travel anywhere else.
It can be a bit sad if we have to travel alone!
Lana......thank you for such a great  idea!

11 Feb 2010     

carinita
Argentina

Like other members I think the first meeting should take place in our own countries. I vote for Santa F�(Capital) or Capital Federal as venue cities in Argentina

11 Feb 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Guys, first of all, you �re very welcome.

Second of all, to be fair, it �s not quite my idea, but rather a common idea.

Third,

LET ME REPEAT - THERE IS NO ARGUMENT OVER WHO CAN COME WHERE AND WHO CANNOT COME WHERE. We �ll arrange everything according to common sense and we �ll accommodate everyone (as far as possible).

Personally, I don �t quite mind where it is, but I would like to get out of Ireland and see the world. I don �t mind whether it is an English-speaking country or not in the lest.

Members from Argentina need not stress about long and expensive flights - you can meet in Argentina and invite ESL teachers from Brazil, Mexica, Chile etc. (or alternatibvely, you can meet in any of the South American cpountries). Or if you really do widh to go to an English speaking country, why not go to the USA which is by all means closer?

I think it is not very wise to try and arrange at this point one big meeting for all of us (maybe in the future). Let us be realistic - too many would be hard-pressed to come and we want it to be a pleasure, not a torture, don �t we? We will never agree on something, and we need to agree on one thing  before the end of February so that we can actually start planning.

This is why we should co-operate on a local level first and see how it goes.

11 Feb 2010     

mariamit
Greece

THANK YOU VICTOR!  Everyone � suggestions have merit. I think forming a committe would be a great begin. I would be willing to help supervise also. As to which country- I think we can first organise in our country or even  a couple of neighbouring countries together- then maybe follow Lana �s first suggestion.

11 Feb 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

In the future I would love to! Unfortunately being without fulltime work here in Sweden for the past 2 � years has left this kiwi lass with very empty pockets :-(

11 Feb 2010     

Mariethe House
France

I read this in a message today! It saddens me to think that some people daren �t speak on this forum!

"I didn �t dare to post anything about it!"

How did this site that was so friendly get to this point?

When we are talking about an international meeting , I just want people here to know that some people are afraid of talking on this forum! why?

I won �t be going to the international congress or whatever! Good riddance some will say! good luck I say!

When I first started , I found friends and still have ... But it is far from being what it used to be and I regret it!

I shall be meeting with some members and have already done so but I will choose who I meet!

Am I too outspoken? I just speak my mind like I always do!

11 Feb 2010     

Denisa
Romania

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO BE WITH YOU but I also think we should do that somewhere in Europe(as much as I dream to visit your wonderful Azores, Mena!!!...btw, do you want to get involved in a Comenius right now, dear?). I �m only a teacher and my money are limited Cry
But as I have already stated I would love to meet you all in summer!
Oh, and if I can be of some help, I �m here!

PS: Dear Lana I also love travelling, so I can understand your impatience to "take off"...so my home is open for you whenever you want to visit us, and I can assure you that you will have lots to see here! Hugs...And the invitation is for everyone ! I do mean that!

11 Feb 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

It �s great to see this thread back. Well, I still think and agree with everyone who  said that it �s better to organize meetings in our countries or neighbouring countries. As I said before, let �s say, teachers from the US will meet in the US or in Canada, teachers from Spain can meet in Spain, etc...Also, let �s see. Some of the memebers will travel to other countries. If you do have any plans to go to another country, why not try to join the teachers � meeting there?

Maybe we should open three different threads, where people from three different locations mentioned in Lana �s first post would leave messages if they are willing to participate. Then we all could contact each other by PM and discuss other details...

Or if it is poss, to start different threads for different countries, Let�s say: Spain. Teachers from Spain could leave a message there sayin they are willing to meet.  Then they all could see what can be done. Talk about city, place, dates and so on. The threads can oocupy forum space but I am sure we could maybe ask Victor to give a separate link somewhere on the site which would lead everyone to that part of the site with meetings� threads.

Just an idea

11 Feb 2010     

maufon
Costa Rica

WOw!! Well, meeting you all would be simply great. But...for me it�s so far!! Cry

I agree with those who had said that we could have a local or neighbouring countries meeting and then, may be we can work out and try a general meeting.

11 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    Next >