Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I ´m quite disappointed.........    

I ´m quite disappointed.........

JulietaVL
Mexico

I forgot to mention: if someone asks me for help, I will surely help her / him

But I won`t tell him / her: go ahead, use my worksheerts, delete the content and add yours, no problem...

Some members do share, I am a "selfish" one... I don ´t

8 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Quote Brunadutra´s: 
"
This is what I received as a pm:

"(...) By the way, I wonder how many moderators there are in total (100+ for sure) and how many actually ´rule � the reported wss page (a dozen?).

(...). After all, of the 280,000+ ´members �, how many contribute actively? Maybe a few hundred? I think quite a few newbies get put of very quickly if wss are removed for shady reasons, and rightly so."

I ´d like to tell you that many people vote secretively, never show up, never say anything but vote. The vote in the reporting section is secret. So, one can ´t say that only a dozen people moderate.

I believe that it ´s unfair to copy other people ´s layouts. As I ´ve said, it ´s a very personal touch every teacher gives to his/her work. Students appreciate lively activities.
As I´ve mentioned in my previous comment, word tools are the same to everyone and creativity is endless.. so we should respect the people who spend time and effort to make something appealing for us and our students (the most important). We are defending the ´personal layouts� of our works not if worksheets with colourful layouts cluttered with cliparts should be the standard.. or not.

As for the tons of newbies and less computer skilled people who ´might � leave the site for having worksheets reported.. I don ´t think that would be much of a problem as there are thousands of web pages from where you can take worksheets and you don ´t need points. And if you really want to upload material then you have to invest some time studying the process and reading some tutorials.. like we all did!...

8 Jan 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Julieta, you haven ´t answered my question. Could you please?
I thank you in advance.

Do you use anything without asking permission or checking if you are allowed to?

8 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I agree with Samantha: "lots of members vote secretely"... I visit the reported contributions almost everyday but I do not leave comments in all of them nor everyday...

I comment in the worksheets I think are unfairly reported most of the times... not in the ones I see are fairly reported

8 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Done, sorry, I deleted my answer when arranging fonts

8 Jan 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Samantha... I really liked your post. Thank you very much. I like reading opinions that make me think and that will add to mine.

However... can you help me understand what is to be considered a ´personal layout �?! Did you read the case I mentioned or remember the situation in the rep. page?
Can the "background, 4 circles and 2 textboxes thing" be considered a ´copyrighted layout �?! Apart from the fact the is had Eva ´s name on it, should it still be reported?

If I recreate it and upload a worksheet, as it is so simple and it ´s not a 7-hour work like others? Will it get reported?

Again, I deeply appreciate your kindness to have replied me!
Hugs, Bruna.

8 Jan 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Julieta, I would really appreciate if you could answer the question I made you. Thanks.

8 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I did =(...

Do you Julieta use resources you find on the net (in here or not) from others (without asking permission)?

Since I found this site, this is the only place I get worksheets, resources, ideas from... I give and get

8 Jan 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Sorry, but then I think you missunderstood me.
What do you mean by this is the only place I get worksheets, resources, ideas from...?

Do you get images and resources from other member ´s worksheets?

My question was:
Do you use anything without asking permission or checking if you are allowed to?

My own motivation, again:

If I need other people ´s help to make my wss more appealing to the eye, how can I deny helping others?!

8 Jan 2010     

Gia Mel
Chile

I ´m not a moderator... I have just a few points in this site and I haven ´t contributed in tha past month (just because I ´m on vacations) but I think that if you have a good idea, if the content is interesting... Why would you copy some else ´s layout?...

If you se my contributions, they are quite poor in terms of layout but they are rich in content (here in my country, we have to think in the ´photocopiability � of the ws and the reduction of the costs because in many schools, we have to make the copies for our students) so I tell the other members: You may win less points, but if your idea is good, someone will apreciate without the layout or the pics. Then they can modify or adapt the ws depending on the students � needs. Don ´t get me wrong, I ´m not ´pro � uploading ´lousy material � but if you are not as creative as the other members of this site in terms of layout, but the content and activities of your ws have worked with your students, why would you copy someone ´s layout is the ws speaks for itself? Just be proud of what you do!!!

This reminds me of an old saying: ´Don ´t judge a book for it ´s cover �

By the way... Thanks to all the members of this site. You ´re wonderful. And you do a lot of beautiful things.

8 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >