Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > How about crowning a worksheet of the day?    

How about crowning a worksheet of the day?

blunderbuster
Germany

How about crowning a worksheet of the day?

Hi there,

Yes, we have noticed that some ws topics get uploaded again and again, we have noticed that some ws have almost zero content and only float because of their design.

How about crowning one worksheet every day because it is something really special? An all original reading, an all original listening, a totally different approach to teaching something, something really creative, something really funny or whatever else. The ws could keep their crown even later and stand out from the crowd when thrown into the basket with everything else?

Oh, yes, and I think we should be able to flag ws that have an unacceptable amount of errors.

Regards

17 Feb 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Oh, oh, oh ...I vote for mine!!!! All three of them!

17 Feb 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Come on! Voting against ws works just fine and fairly.......

17 Feb 2011     

zailda
Brazil

In fact we already have a queen / king every day, it �s the most downladed ws. However, I saw many original and interesting / creative approaches from the 4th page on... Sometimes we �re in a hurry and we don �t have the time to learn something new, we only need a ready-to-use and easy ws for our ss to practice some topics.

If we are able to flag a ws, will we be able to "unflag" it? Because sometimes we realize (or are warned about) our mistakes and update a ws, should it still be flagged after correted?

17 Feb 2011     

stexstme
France

NO.( ie : Not being rude Regina , of course!)
Same old story again : Someone who �s been here for a time doesn �t understand why people want to get points.
How to get points ? ( please see every day �s page.) ( ie = Use cute pics & upload about : Body / jobs / animals / ...)
Are these people guilty ? No. They �re just doing what we all did once : Try to get points.
Giving a flag to a ws is just the same as downloading it, so, what �s the point ???
I used to download tons of ws everyday , Nowadays I just don �t - for 2 reasons :
- I have sooooo many in my PC ( I became a member in 2008)
- When I need one, I search the site.
+ I don �t like the � acceptable � side of it. If I don �t like a ws , I just don �t download it.
If it happens to have many mistakes - too bad! I should have been more careful when downloading.
Is it important for me - when I can get  30 ws/day ? - No.
As a teacher, it �s my job to check everything I give to my kids.   
- + : I read lots of posts today, so I cannot remember who said ... that � we all upload ws we prepared for our students.. � : Well, I don �t. When it �s just for my classes, I do use watermarked cliparts; I do use texts from the Net or ESL books ..; I do use pics from ws here; & so on... When I upload(ed) a ws here, I do have to be careful. Soooo, it takes ( shall I say took..) me a looong time to make up a ws for this site.
I don �t know what �s happening to you, guys, but you seem to be fed up with all the ws we can see on the reported page - & I - could only agree with you to a certain point. But we all have been newbies someday - expecting magic points & comments.
Sylvie

17 Feb 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Sylvie, !!

17 Feb 2011     

tulpen25
Netherlands

I definitely think worksheets with too many errors should be corrected, at least. I like the flagging for errors idea. I also think people should leave comments about errors in the comments section or PM the worksheet owner.

17 Feb 2011     

stexstme
France

People do leave - when they do ...Evil Smile - �wonderful comments about the layout... Then , they check. I mean the teachers. I don �t care about the other ones.
If you downloaded a ws with so many mistakes, what kind of teacher are you ?
Just wondering...
I KNOW there are plenty of ws full of mistakes - I JUST do not download.
But maybe there �s a gun at the back of your neck ????
You can download 30 ws a day ( Gee!!!) ( Please, give it a thought!!!) - nobody told you you HAD TO download 30. See what I mean ???

17 Feb 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

You have what you need, so why change anything? Is that what you are saying?

My post was a reaction to an earlier post today, people seem to be getting bored with the ws uploaded, I was trying to suggest an incentive for making something different.

And I am sorry, but there are more and more people making mod within a month and not because they are so creative...remember how disappointed people were, people who were so close to being mod and then the number they needed was increased to 5000? (Happened shortly after I joined) People who upload OWN creations, creative people, not necessarily prolific mainstream.

People have noticed it and are saying it, over and over again: the overall quality is going down.

And I guess some people think that if they have to check ws for errors first, what �s the point, you might as well start one from scratch. Think about it, all that wasted time just yesterday, when close to 400 people downloded a ws that takes five minutes to correct before you can use it....that time is wasted.

17 Feb 2011     

stexstme
France

The top?????? rated ws do not cost any points - Ok : You �ll have it : You �re getting on my nerves.
Soo, You �re right. Full stop.
& Cheerio.
PS : I expect my fellow colleagues ( ie teachers ) to have brains.

17 Feb 2011     

mdros
Spain

I don �t think we should correct ws with mistakes I have enough with my student �s mistakes, we can always leave a commentary about it . We are free to download whatever we like provided we have points and if there is one ws with mistakes that you like for any reason: design and all this, just download it, correct  it for your own use (I �ve sometimes done it myself)  and leave a feedback to the author (I haven �t done it not to hurt the author �s feelings Embarrassed). I reckon it �s as simple as that.

17 Feb 2011     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >