Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2    

BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2

Lana.
Ireland

BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=16397

It �s great to know so many would like to attend.Thumbs Up

On the practical side:

I think we will have a West Side of Atlantics meeting (Brazil, Mexico, USA, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, Canada etc.)

and

an East Side of Atlantics meeting (Europe, UK, Scnadinavian countries, Russia, Turkey etc.)

and perhaps

the East Side meeting (China, Japan, Korea, India, Mongolia, Pakistan etc.)

Personally, I would love us all to meet, but how far can we all go (literally)? Ermm

I would also like us all to start an organisation of ESL Printables Members - can the headquarters be in Brussels next to the EU Headquarters? Do I have to register us? How do I do that?

9 Feb 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Lana, that sounds wonderful to me!! I do think the idea of a Congress is possible. We just have to agree on a date and a place. Let �s suppose we agreed on the Azores for the first meeting. I would have to check the best prices in a hotel, trips, etc... When the estimated cost of plane tickets + stay were established, then members would decide if they wanted to come or not. We should do that a year in advance, maybe.  What do you think?

I also like the idea of an organisation of ESL members. Brussels would be perfect! Wink

A nice day to you all.
mena

9 Feb 2010     

stuartallen77
China

I �ll walk 10 minutes! Wink

9 Feb 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Mena,

I guess you �ve had this in mind for some time, haven �t you? Smile

I DO too think it �s very possible if only we all get organised.

I �d say Azores is fine enough but don �t know what the others will say.

I can travel within Europe, but I �m a little scared of crossing the ocean.

I have no clue about the prices in your place, but are we going to rent a conference room or something? Are we going to give speeches and PPTs? Can I bring other teachers along with me even if they are not ESLPrintables members?

Will Victor come?

Shall we plan for this year or next? Shall we plan for summer or autumn?

I guess it has to be summer since most teachers have their holidays in summer.

9 Feb 2010     

baiba
Latvia

For me it would be the same as flying to the Moon but the idea is wonderful! I wish you success in organising the event!

9 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

That �s right! I �ve been talking about this for quite some time. I �ve participated for 9 years in Comenius projects with other European countries (Spain, France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, and Romania), meaning that �ve I �ve had 18 meetings, 4 of them here in the Azores. That �s a wonderful experience. In those meetings, usually a week, we had 2 days work at school and 4 days to know the country, the culture, the people of the place we visited. I am sure we would have a great time.

I know that coming to the Azores is not cheap. You can find low cost companies to Lisbon (my niece pays about 70 Euros from Paris to Lisbon), but then you would have to take a normal flight to the Azores (2 hours away from Lisbon - about 300 Euros). If you think it would be better to meet somewhere in the middle of Europe, fine. I guess it all depends on the members who want to participate. If most of them are European then a country in Europe would be fiine for them. I don �t know.

I think Summer would be the best time to meet. Easter might also be a possibility though.

9 Feb 2010     

mariamit
Greece

I �d love to visit the Azores- or even just the one Mena is on.  I think this can be realised with a lot of careful planning. We can probably get cheaper group rates for hotels if there are enough of us.
Lana, I like all your quesyions  ( and suggestions)  the problem is we don �t all have summer together so we have to check for the best time of the year.  My only disagreement is Brussels- maybe we can have our Organisation in Stratsburg- next to the EU parliament- much nicer city.

Baiba not even the moon is impossible now adays. You never no  ( never say no) Wink ....
So Who else is in?

9 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I was going to say the same! Sometimes the moon is not so far away! I forgot to say that there are cheaper tickets in the Summer to the island where I live - S�o Miguel, the biggest one in the archipelago. There are non-stop flights from Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid. They are worth checking!
P.S. I�m good at negotiating prizes! Hotels might not be that expensive.

9 Feb 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Great idea!...except that I live waaaay down under! Everything is always so far away.

CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

Good luck organising it. Azores sounds fine.....when I win Lotto!

WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

Cheers Joy

9 Feb 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Well, the truth is that it would be more expensive to travel to the Azores than to somewhere in Central Europe. Like Mena, I �ve participated in Comenius projects for the past 12 years so I �ve had a chance to visit most countries in Europe. Plane tickets are usually cheaper for Central Europe but hotels rates- you have to look around. I think Poland has the cheapest hotel rates. Maybe we should all check prices for summer 2010?  (By the way Mena we should have a Comenius project together- I �ve had Portuguese partners but not from the Azores. My project is ending this year. )

9 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I know what you mean Joy! I have a friend in Australia and she pays about 1200� to get here - almost 24 hours. Cry
P.S. mariamit, we�ll talk about that. I love the idea.

9 Feb 2010     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    Next >