Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I FEEL TERRIBLE!    

I FEEL TERRIBLE!

ductam
Vietnam

Dear Katiana,
I really got angry when i heard your story. How disgusting someone is! I can �t believe it!
Anyway, you get all our support.
Keep going on, Katiana. You �re doing the right things!
Hus to you!

10 Dec 2009     

Katiana
Spain

Dear teachers.

It�s very late and I�m really tired but I want to thank you once more for all your support. Some of you have suggested our Turkish colleagues should call the publisher. I don�t know if this could be of any help, but if you think it could, please do it. I�d be very grateful.

THANKS A MILLION TO ALL OF YOU

GOOD NIGHT AND BIG HUGS!

10 Dec 2009     

suxanita
Portugal

Dear Katiana,

I just can believe!! Is it possible?
Can �t we do something?
I �ve downloaded some WS of the site and even today I used one on my esl classes. My students loved and i �ve told them that was made for a colleague.
Do you registers of the Ws?
I don �t know what to say but you have all my support.

10 Dec 2009     

jennybohmes
Argentina

What a terrible situation!!I hope things can be solved soon!

10 Dec 2009     

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

As everyone else dear Katiana, I �m so shocked to see this. I really now how it feels when your own work is copied and shared by other people as theirs. And of course it would be the worst feeling to see it published in a book without your permission!!

Hope it would be solved soon... Please keep us updated.

10 Dec 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

Dear Katiana,

I feel so sad and angry to hear about what has happened with your wss.
It is unbelievable that someone dared to do this.
The "authors �" must have presented your wss as their own and the publishing co. might not even be aware of this terrible situation.
I really hope Victor and our Turkish friends can help you to straiten all this out.

You have all my support.

Hugs
Tisha

10 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

You must be feeling really awful... I hope that this story will have a good ending, but it may be a long road to get there.

You know that you have a whole community of HONEST teachers that are here to support you and help you any way that we can.
Please keep us updated on what happens. I hope that are able to legally get this pulled off the market and the "author" (I use that term very loosely) is found and appropriate action taken against them.Hug

10 Dec 2009     

donapeter
Romania

well............i was just wondering: WHEN?!! And .....exactly this thing happened!!!Too many good resources and no way to track/protect  them. 
I am so sorry for this, I am here with you, if you need my help.
Nothing else has surprised me since my husband �s site was copied entirely and used. 

10 Dec 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Dear Katiana!!
All my support!!!! Am I wrong or there is also a crossword that belongs to Marisa (mpotb) ?

11 Dec 2009     

pmca
Portugal

DisapproveAngryShocked�OH MY GOD!!!! This is quite SHOCKING!!!!!�DisapproveAngryShocked

I have only now taken a peak at the message board and noticed this latest ordeal!!!!�

How could this have happened? Poor Katiana!�

Copyright issues are very serious and nasty indeed.

I find it very intriguing that the publisher did not even question the use of the cartoons. Regarding the authoring of the activities, they could be deceived, though they could have checked them. But as far as the pictures are concerned, they�should�have�known they could not use them without checking.�As a recent published author in my country, I have to say that the publisher I have worked with constantly warns authors about this, and we could only use pictures from their own database or hired illustrators.�

But I also believe we should take lessons from this case. We have seen many copies from published work here at ESL Printables. Many have been reported but there are still many worksheets out there that have been slightly or moderately adapted but with�no acknowledgment of the source. I have already been victim of this so I totally sympathise with Katiana �s feelings.�

I hope you will find some positive�resolution from this, dear Katiana!

11 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >