Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I FEEL TERRIBLE!    

I FEEL TERRIBLE!

Katiana
Spain

I FEEL TERRIBLE!

Dear teachers,

I�m  really worried after reading a pm from a member of ESL printables. She has told me she has bought a book from a publishing company in Turkey, called AFS publishing"AFS yayıncılık", where she has seen a lot of pages with my worksheets. She has also told me there are worksheets from other members here. Nobody has asked me for permission to publish my work and I don�t think they have asked others for that permission. I have already informed Victor about this. He once said that when we publish our work on ESL printables we have a copyright so publishing our work without our permission is againt the law.

As you can imagine I feel terrible. I have often thought about publishing my work in a book or several books. Some of you have encouraged me to do so and now I have discovered this. It is so unfair. What kind of world are we living in?

Big hugs

Katiana

9 Dec 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Woww!! Can �t believe it !!

I really do not know what to say  but if there is something we can do just ask. This is something that hurts your feelings and I`m with you.

Hope everything gets solved very soon, I send you a big hug my friend.

9 Dec 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Big hugs from Canada too.  How terrible!

Is this the company?

Edit:  I took away the links I posted.  They may be harmful.

9 Dec 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, Katiana. I really do feel for you and I hope there �s something that can be done. I guess Victor is the one who �ll be able to help you, since he �s the administrator and owner of the website, but I bet you can be sure that every member of eslprintables. com is here to support you. Your worksheets are so unique that it seems natural that ANY teacher would make great use of it, but of course, not claiming their own, like that publishing house.

I hope everything works out for you and this �story � can have a fair ending.

Unfortunately, in the world we live in, a publishing house in Turkey wouln �d think you �d find out, so there wouldn �t be any problem, and that �s that. Fortunately, this is a big community and many of the members look out for each other. So, I guess we can still have faith in the world!

Wink

Best of luck to you!

Love, Bruna

9 Dec 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

Dear Katiana, 
I do hope something can be done. The problem seems to be the same as the one Frenchfrog and others had to undergo some times ago when someone downloaded their ws and put them on another site. Except that this time, the person who took you work made real money out of it. I can �t believe people can be so nasty.
A big hug from France with hope that your problem will soon be solved !

9 Dec 2009     

niacouto
Portugal

That is a very serious issue. How does the copyright in this website work? Once you make your work available here, anyone can use it, change it, adapt it, but... PUBLISH it, without you knowing about it?Angry It really stinks!Thumbs Down We all assume that all the work in this website is supposed to be used by peers, for non-profit purposes, right? It is really outrageous and I am disgusted. Something MUST be done.

HugsHug

9 Dec 2009     

olaola
Italy

is it possible to suit the publishing company? this is the main issue...

9 Dec 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Oh my!! Katiana, that �s such bad news for me too! I remember I asked you to think about publishing your book with your worksheets. I am shocked. Ouch

That �s a very unfair situation. I think you should ask a memeber who told you about the book to send you photos or scanned pages of the book or ask somebody from Turkey find out about the book. Then you should find ways to contact the publishing company.

If you were already thinking about publishing your own book with your work then it can be a serious legal case - you will have to sue that publishing company before you can actually publish your book. I think maybe you should talk to a lawyer and ask him/her how to behave in such situation and see what are the hidden stones in the case with publishing copyrighted material from Internet and see how possible it will be to protect your rights.

Katiana, please keep us onformed about this case, amybe someone here on the site knows how to deal with such cases or has friends in Turkey who could help.

Hugs,
Kate

PS Colleagues, be careful, I just opened the website of that publishing company and the website is infected, my antivirus detected a virus.

9 Dec 2009     

olaola
Italy

.. sue  I mean

9 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Katiana,

that is really disgusting someone can do that!!!!Angry
I believe something can be done about it. You have all my support.

Hugs from the Czech Rep., MichaelaHug

9 Dec 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

This is sooooooooooooooo terrible!
I don �t know what to say Katiana...
Please let me (us) know if there �s something we can do for you!
Best of luck,
Cyn
EDIT 1: I erased the link to the site because some members said it had viruses and spyware...
EDIT 2: This is a form at another site where the publisher can be contacted: http://us.my.alibaba.com/mcweb/contact.htm?action=mcweb:contact_action&domain=2&id=100344480

9 Dec 2009     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >