Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

I am so sorry about all this subject.

Please, let �s stay calm and keep in mind one important thing:

Friends don �t need to have the same opinions, we can express them, what we think and still go on being friends. No one is attacking no one, but we are discussing what we think is better, and for me, there is one important thing. I would prefer this site clean and so thinks Victor; he didn �t manage to keep it clean, all by himself so, he stated the rules and asked for help to the moderators. All those people have been trying ever since and have give a hand - some spend more time working for the site, some spend less; some are very objective others not that much; but, in general, there has always been a fair approach of what should or shouldn �t be deleted.

This problem has nothing to do with Mar, but with stolen worksheets - that �s what we are talking about. How can we report or check printables from now on? Are we going to spend a few hours daily, checking and checking again, prove the printables are from such a book or site, what for?

What we are discussing is: what do we do with the rules? Do we throw them to the paper basket?

What do we do now? I have asked, I think in each one of my post, to Victor this simple question:
What now, Victor?

I know he is the webmaster, that �s why I ask him?

And please, let �s keep cool, no need to be agressive, we are civilized teachers, we can talk and have different opinions, but no one needs to be hurt. Ignoring members is not, probably a fair solution, is it ?I would prefer not to have to ignore no one of you. I learn with you all, I want to talk to all of you.

Linda

PS: Smile, smiles are contagious 

15 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, dear Zailda,

I think instead of attacking people she should start checking today�s contribs (I saw more than 30 copies already). But wait, no - no need to check any more.

Anyway, I just popped in, had a laugh and I am off to play with my girl again. I �ll keep in touch via PMs.Wink

@Dear olindalinda,
I am sorry. Believe me or not, I really wanted ONLY to say my opinion but well, I am not allowed to according to Julieta. And not only me. Looks like only she has the right and I am not going to argue with her any more, don�t worry. There is no sense in arguing with someone who has to have the last word no matter what it takes.

As for me, I said it already- I have finished with reporting (although I found more than 30 copies), but I don�t care any more. And if you look on reporting page, you must assume I am not the only one who have given up.

Have a nice day. Smile

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Well, I think we are discussing an important thing here. Even out of the main page, this thread has already almost 100 answers, 32 less than the thread stuck in the main page since Feb. 9th

Do we deserve an answer? Are we asking too much? Do we still have the right to expect Victor �s answer? Do we deserve an answer for our contributions and for the hours we spent just trying to help?

15 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

I am not against "expressing" our opinions. What I am against is that some people "impose" their opinions and ideas on others. THAT is what is happening here. You don �t like Victor �s decision so you all of a sudden are up in arms!

He has EVERY right to re-instate whomever he pleases. He stated the reason why and we should all accept that gracefully. On other sites, you don �t have any say and it �s going to get to the point that that is going to happen here. We are ABUSING Victor �s hospitality. Period. What Victor says goes, so stop going on and on about reported worksheets. The problem here is YOU as in general terms do NOT like the fact he re-instated Mar. That is the short of the story.

15 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Wow wow wow! Micahela, you have a lifeeeeeeee!!! good!!!!!

Michaela , ex Zambia  knows me sooo perfectley that she can open her mouth and talk about me any time she wishes, I simply love her, my life is not the same if she does not talk about me, please keep doing so

Should I show the pms I �ve got from you to show people who offends whom? Who is the nasty one? Remember phrases like "you, poor human beign Clown"

You love the role of my victim, that �s the best you can do, I will  vote for you for the Oscar award, clap clap clap Miss Michaela, the most lovely and fair person in the site and the best actress...

Hypocrital, me?????????????????????... I was not told I am an hypocrital, it was you who was called like that! do mt mess things

Should I show some lines of the pms I receive where people say how much they love you and appreciate you? We all love you, you are valuable, our life is simply great because of you

Love me do pleaseeeeee Cry

P.S 1 Funny how you always have something to do when I am gonna reply ;)
P.S 2 I won �t go and check the stolen or copied contributions cuz I do not want to!!!!... it seems you are so hurted cuz now you won �t... what will u do with your free time? =(((

And just to make things clear Zailda...

This thread didn �t have personal attacks until Julieta came here

WHICH WORDS DID I USE WHEN ATTACKING PEOPLE??????... stop blaming me just cuz I do not agree

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Have you read all the comments? Most of the members here don �t know Mar. The problem is not Mar, the problem is that rules don �t apply equally for everyone. Victor is the webmaster and if he says: "I �ll do whatever I want because the site is mine" I �d be shocked but have to agree, of course.

But if he wants to run the site in this way, why did he set rules? Why did he make us moderators and ask our help?

I don �t know about you, but I need clear rules to follow. Or an honest "I do whatever I want". I �m not abusing. The cheaters abuse, remember? Sorry if we don �t join the ones who say: thanks wonderful Victor - and later complain about. I don �t need to flatter anyone to show my gratitude. I say what I feel and think. If I �m to be blamed for anything, I �m to be blamed for telling the truth.

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Julieta, if you don �t see the attack in your words, I �m not the one who will show you. Sorry, but at this moment we have more important things to discuss.

We are not hurt at all, at least I �m not. And I have many things to do in my spare time.

We just want a reply. And sorry, not from you.

15 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

So you can say I am attacking but when you are asked for the proofs you won �t say a thing, cool

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Julieta, you are mature enough to read your own words and analize them, you don �t need me for that. And I won�t provide proof of anything. I don�t care anymore, remember?

15 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

But Zailda THAT is where you are wrong. Mar didn �t "cheat". You all assume she knew that all those worksheet were copied, but she didn �t. Even Victor said that PLUS he let those few that she knew about slide... So stop saying she �s a "cheater"!!

And I can tell you the last time I talked to Mar was before summer! She has been away from the site until somebody got a hold of her! She knew nothing of the new changes... Cheezels tried to tell you guys that but nobody would listen.

15 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >