Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

Sonn
Russian Federation

David has deleted most of his wss(((

16 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Oh, dear..

it�s really sad. He was doing so much for this site and this is the end. Well, hope some people are happy - from now on they can do whatever they want to (as they always have). Looks like hard work means nothing here - SAD.

@David, thank you very much for everything you were doing, for your tremendous effort you were putting here. It is not my duty to say thank you, but I feel I have to, because I have always admired you. You were one of the most honest people I have met here.Clap

Unfortunately it looks like honest people are not wanted here.

16 Feb 2010     

Carla Horne
United States

Dear MJ and David,

I agree with you. I wonder if Victor ever realized that he was making members be the boss of their friends? This never works. Both of you please join Facebook so that we can still communicate. Big smile

I �m going to hang around a little bit longer to see if the Phoenix rises.

Carla

16 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi everyone

Today is Carnival, hope you are all enjoying a splendid holiday.
I think this problem is solved - some agree. others don �t. Pitty that no everybody was able to keep calm at every moment - it happens, when we are pretty sure of our ideas and it seems we all were.

One thing I still have to say.

As it was said before by many users, Victor is a gentleman and his decision, doesn �t matter who agrees or doesn �, his decision was taken also because somehow he felt that part of the problem was his. I respect and congratulate for having people like Victor leading the site. Education is for free, but, if it is not for free, only for Victor,... if Victor is a gentleman, I am to say that Mar didn �t behave like a lady. I would have never let Victor alone with my problem, because first, the problem wasn �t Victor �s. I would have deleted all the polemic worksheets, either I were able or not, I could have asked to delete them and try to keep my account.

Mar, if you ever read my post, be sure I have nothing against you, be sure that, for me, this issue was but a question of principles. Hope you understand, I didn �t report you, I didn �t vote you.

Staying around, better days will come.
Have a nice week
linda

16 Feb 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

FOR GOD � SAKE; FOLKS; GET A LIFE !!!

THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN DETECTING STOLEN WORKSHEETS; DEFENDING; ACCUSING; QUOTING RULES; BEING 100% RIGHT ALL THE TIME; ATTACKING AND DEFENDING AGAIN; REPEATING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

DON �T YOU SEE HOW FAR YOU HAVE ALL MOVED FROM THE PURPOSE AND THE SPIRIT OF THIS SITE?? 
AND TO WHAT EXTENT THE APPARENT WISH TO KEEP IT CLEAN AND CORRECT AND TO UPHOOLD JUSTICE IS JUST A PRETENCE; AN EXCUSE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO CONTINUE INSISTING ON YOUR DIFFERENT POSITIONS?? ON BEING RIGHT; RIGHT; RIGHT ALL THE TIME???

I �M SOOOO FED UP WITH ALL THIS...
AT THE MOMENT NONE OF YOU IS DOING THIS SITE ANY GOOD AND IT WOULD BE BETTER IF EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP AND GOT A LIFE FOR 24 HOURS.

Meanwhile Victor would be able to sort things out and decide on what changes to take.
Sorry for shouting like that. I just can �t stand it any more
Dorothea

16 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I �m really sad to see David has removed most of his worksheets, they are great contributions and I have used many of them with splendid results. But I understand his firm position, he is such a trustful and honest person. His wise words and fair positions are some of the reasons for my admiration towards him.

I also want to hear Mar �s explanation about this case, it �s what we deserve - at least - for this long and hurtful issue. I don �t expect to see personal attacks in this thread, instead I �d rather ask people to read and think about first. Our complaint is for justice and fair rules for everybody, we �re not asking something for me, Carla, David or any of the brave and fair people who left here their opinions on the matter.

Of course I �m aware this is Victor �s site, it was created by Victor and no one will never question this fact. But it �s also true that he was not the only one who made this site what it is today, a wonderful site for teachers � professional development plenty of original and useful ESL resources. Victor is the owner of the site, and I strongly believe that when he first pictured what kind of site he would have, he didn �t have any idea about how much it would grow and how many people it would help.

This site is Victor �s ideal but it �s also built with our efforts and participation, so I risk to say that it also belong to us. Some of us dedicate many hours a day to make this site what it is today and much more we can do in the future.

I agree that his rules are supreme, and for this reason I ask him to take the time to re-design them because the more the site grows, the more we need clear and fair rules. And I �m sure he will take the time to read and analize what we said here, I believe our words weren �t written in vain.

I have said that I don �t care anymore. At that moment I said it, it was the truth. In fact, I can �t help it. I do care. But I �m tired of the harrassment the moderator �s task implies. We have many members with 1.000 points or more and I feel I have done what I was asked for during this period, it �s time for the others to contribute in this area. The moderator �s task is done, I can �t spend any more time fighting because of stolen work removed; I can �t defend worksheets against unfairly reporting; I can �t spend so much time defending myself from personal attacks people write instead of commenting the worksheet being voted.

The first characterist for the moderator �s job should be: fairness, and the second: the respect for the rules, no matter the worksheet owner is. It �s time for other members to give their contribution at the reporting page, and if you feel you have this characterists, it �s your time.

I will keep speaking my mind, and fighting for justice whenever it �s necessary. I �m not here to take advantage of the site, I �d rather contribute the way I can. The ones who don �t like to hear the others expressing their opinions, I �m sorry, but in a community it �s a thing we have to be used to. Even if we don �t agree, we have to respect and disagreeing with a person �s idea is never an excuse to attack personally, assuming we know the person to say aloud who or how we think he is. It �s not the case, at the end. No one is here for having this or that personal characterist, and no one should be judged by his opinions.The first attack generates a defense, that comes in a form of a justified attack, and this way the discussion becomes a dispute.

The ones who miss the friendlier site they had in the past forget that they gained more than they lost. I doubt they had a place like this one in the past, plenty of resources and colleagues to ask for help and exchange new ideas. If we want to gain we also have to face some loss. It�s part of the process and something we should be used to as mature people we are.

But if they want to turn this site into a friendler place they should exchange ideas and not attack the ones whose ideas they don �t agree with. We are teachers and we have to know how to discuss without turning the discussion into a personal matter. If we don �t, we should refrain from commenting.

This thread has more than a thousand of replies and we were able to manage it (almost) free of personal attacks, we have been straight to the original point and didn �t deviate it to a shortcut. In the future I �ll use this experience to avoid personal disputes and hope I �ll be successful.

I �m sure the webmaster will read (and also other members) and learn what they think they can or should. We don �t want to be others � teachers, since we also learned something from this thread.

I will contribute for the site in other manner, but I �m still waiting for some more complete rules for me and for the others, and for the owner �s more complete appreciation on the case that generated this discussion.

About Mar, who I don �t know yet, I think the community deserves some kind of explanation from her. I will neither accuse her nor assume her innocence. To have a clear opinion I think we need to hear what she has to say first. And an apology would be an excellent point to start from.

16 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@edlerverein, we are contributing right now. This is our participation at the moment. If it �s not useful for you, it �s still a contribution for someone.

The webmaster didn �t tell us at any moment to shut up, he has respected our right to express what we think, and we would appreciate the same respect from you.

We understand that there are other things to do at the site, and some you may think are more important, so I suggest you get to it and leave this matter for the ones it may be of interest.

As soon as we feel we�re done here, we�ll dedicate our time to the duties you feel are more important for the site, or "get a life" as you suggested, just in case some of us don�t have one.

16 Feb 2010     

apayala
Spain

Hi everybody.

I deeply agree with Zailda, Michaela, Silke, Samantha, David, Olindalima. I feel so sad...

And Olindalima has just said one thing that has also been in my mind while reading all this. Mar hasn�t showed up to support Victor... I feel sorry for you, Victor. Although I do not agree with your decision, I truly believe that the least you deserve is to be supported by the person you are defending.

Take care everybody

Ana

16 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

@edlerverein,
If you have nothing better to say than writing in RED and SHOUTING at us please don �t read this. You are very very rude! You obviously don �t understand things because you hardly ever participate and contribute?...Approve

I agree with you dear Zailda! It �s so sad people do not understand.

16 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@apayala, I agree with you and Linda, Victor and the community deserve an explanation or something. He supported her and I don �t agree with his decision either, but she should have supported him.

As Linda said, he is a gentleman, and she hasn �t acted as the lady her friends describe when referring to her. But it �s still on time.

16 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >