Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

zailda
Brazil

Zora, this thread isn �t about Mar. We are not judging her. Most of us didn �t even hear about her before this incident. The question is about the rules. Can you understand (or try to) our point?

15 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

And I am asking you to understand that the "rules" were "guide-lines" NOT the ESLPrintables Bible! I think that �s where all of you are mistaken.

Victor made the rules "to help us out, not break us." And you have all taken and basically interpreted the rules as you (as a general term) have seen fit. Readings have been erased, posters, things "That I would never use in MY classroom", Young learners stuff because it wasn �t elaborate enough... and so many more things. Need I go on as to why I and a bit on the defensive about things????

15 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

If you could answer my question you would...

Since I was not being rude ( I was rude in the reply to my beloved Zambia and that �s it), that acussation is ignored now.

Finito

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Are you telling me that the rules are not to be taken so seriously? I doubt my eyes...

The rules about "ESL resources" are a problem, but the rules about "copied work" were always clear for me. Many members had the account cancelled and it wasn �t given them the chance to explain themselves. We assumed they were cheaters. I have no idea the reasons they had to upload copied work. And it never seem to bother anyone until two days ago?

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Julieta, don �t waste your time trying to make me forget about what is being discussed here. If you really need my answer, as soon as we get Victor �s reply, I �ll be pleased to give it.

The problem here is about rules.

15 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

HAHAHA, and you think you have discovered America or what?
I let my friends to know straight away who I am so you somehow slept over, dear.

15 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

And there it is! You are angry that Mar got her account back! It �s all very easy in my eyes. It �s simple - you disagree with Victor �s decision. Well that is fine BUT he is the owner and he has every right to do what he wants...

Besides, as we are trying to tell you guys - which obviously you are NOT listening - is that Mar was a special case! Her worksheets were allowed by the owner because he assumed they were not copies from elsewhere!!!

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Zora

If you prefer the simplify things this way, it �s OK for me. In fact, I don �t care if you think we are all jealous people who want Mar out. We don �t even know her, but if you think it �s personal, that �s OK for me. Each one is free to believe or see what he wants.

I �m going to repeat myself: We know Victor is the webmaster. We are not questioning that. But since he told us this site has clear and fair rules for everyone, we want to know what will happen now.

Just in time: fair rules don �t support "special cases" based on subjective assumptions.

15 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

And "Fairness" should always be about listening to both sides. And obviously, none of you wanted to that day. For some it �s easier to believe the bad in people, than give the benefit of the doubt.

And it �s easier to justify things. It �s easier just to pick a side and wash your hands of it. There are members here - like cheezels, me, Julieta - who have no problem with the fact that her worksheets were removed. What bothers and dismays us is that you were quick to judge and not listen to reason. AND when it turns out that we were correct about the nature of those worksheets and Mar �s situation, you (as a general term) have refused to bow down gracefully and say "We are sorry, we made a mistake."

15 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Mj Misa... you are here =) I thought you were with your daughter, welcome, I missed your nice vibe around

15 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >