Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

Zora
Canada

The site many months ago was a friendlier place. We often got into friendly discussions or even did some fun games that a lot of people participated in. Now the board is usually full of accusation of some kind or people telling us that they had something taken away unjustly, etc.

The feel of the site is different and I can assure you that not in a good way... Unhappy  

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@Victor, with all the risk of being considered disrespectful towards the owner of this site, I �d like to give my opinion. If you asked me, I �d say IMHO you �re fixing a mistake with other mistake. I know you didin �t ask my opinion and as the owner of the site you don �t need my agreement to do whatever you want to.

I don �t know if during this short period I �ve been a member here you got to know a little bit about me. I �m for justice and for rules to be applied equaly for everyone. For me it doesn �t matter if Mar is the most wonderful person below the sky, as a member she made a mistake and the punishment was what we all know.

Restoring her account maybe will confirm exactly what I was trying to prove yesterday. I wanted to prove that they were wrong when they say that members are not treated in the same way here and that some have privileges. Maybe restoring her account you will only be proving they were right, or so they can understand.

I �m not among the ones who always say "Thanks dear and wonderful Victor" whatever you post here, to complain about it later. If I agree I say I agree, if I don �t I �m not afraid of expressing my disagreement.

Even risking my head here, I had to say what I think. Of course you will do what you want and this is your site. I don �t want to tell you what you have to do, because I know you are a wise person and maybe - will consider my words. Maybe not. Just in case, I decidet to register my opinion here, even if no one has asked me to do so.

15 Feb 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

I would like to comment on something written on this topic by Zailda.

"I had no work at all to look for the links because other members who were afraid of reporting her worksheets they know were copied sent me all of them by PM. I agreed with them that copies are to be reported and yes, I sent them to cause a reaction because I see no point in reporting copied work and look for the links, if moderators can choose the ones they �ll vote to stay or to go according to the relationship they have with the "owner"."

I was one of those members who sent links to Zailda and I was afraid, having been bullied for having reported one of Mar �s worksheets which had an exercise from a web site.  I provided the correct link and reported the worksheet.  Often when I do this I gain praise "Thank you David, I couldn �t find the link.", well this time I got "Stop treating people like trash." and "You are instigating a witchhunt." and suchlike.  People twisting my words and intentions.  This worksheet was not one of her Vocabulary Series, which may have been created by her mother.  I sent Zailda another three links to worksheets from Mar �s account and again these were not part of her vocabulary series.

For some, this will prove that I was part of a witchhunt, but I would never have dug so deeply if it weren �t for the bullying and if it weren �t for the special treatment demanded by many members.  I remembered all the "lesser members" whose worksheets I had reported and whose accounts had been justifiably deleted.  I certainly see an unfairness in having any preferential treatment on this web site.

Members, and there are many, who have gained points and downloaded many worksheets through the uploading of stolen materials can relax a little as I, for at least the present time, have ceased in reporting worksheets.

I thank Zailda especially for her fortitude, fairness and courage.  I understand that this web site is more than just about rules and that it is also about people and I expect Victor to be impartial in his judgement of this situation.  We are also about forgiveness and "mercy",  but more so about fairness and treating people with equality. 

David Lisgo

15 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Well said David. I �m sorry you �ve been bullied by other members. I wish you all the best and I appreciate how you contribute to this site.

15 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

@Julieta! Good for you then! you are showing your true colours!
Should I feel bullied by you that sarcastically rub on people �s face how much support you have?

It �s sad you behave like a child who only wants to play in the site. And make everyone feel how bad they are for not being like you. NOt everyone is here to have this as a facebook account.

15 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Samantha:
If you like me or not is none of my bussiness, I offered you friendhip and care, you rejected it... you say you feel you do not belong to any "group" here, sorry for you, I do and if I want to shout it out loud why should I not do it? To avoid making you feel blue??????? aaaaawwwwhhh
I think it is much better to say I have support than go and offend people as you are / were used to...
Sorry if my mind of a child makes you down, I do not really care since you offended me and who offends me and my friends becomes an unimportant person for me...
If you think I want to turn this place into FACEBOOK you dear really should know me better, in facebook we share other kind of stuff like pics, thoughts, funny pics, funny moments, personal situations, etc... and I never open threads here in the forum�to talk about my social life, do I????
I do it in the caf� but that is what that place was made for
PLEASE if you say I want to turn this place into a social site show the proofs, do not speak just because you can... you may not read me carefully, all I want is a FRIENDLY PLACE... difficult to understand? ...
I do not care
See ya
EDIT: and next time you feel brave enough to send me a pm, be brave enough to do not block me and receive my reply, lots of coward acts today, don�t u think?

15 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@Manon, Zailda, DavidHeart

You all are beautiful and great people. Don �t worry about those who keep accusing you because you care. There are more people who admire you and appreciate your work.Thumbs Up

@Zailda, I completely agree with you and said it several times: The member had 1 year to make changes, but she didn �t. I don �t know how wonderful she is, unfortunately I am afraid there will be another accusation of elitism and different rules for different members.

Have a nice day, I �m off to work. Michaela

15 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

David, I remember those accusations. I as well remember Mar appearing to say stuff about jealousy and how sad it was. So i have the only question (the question to noone in particular, just in the air). How come Mar feels so confident in herself she doesn �t even care of checking the links and updating her wss before they get deleted. She was pretty sure her account isn �t gonna be cancelled, wasn �t she. And now it turns out to be true. I don �t know her, may be she really was so helpful here and so so good friend. But what gives her the right to do what she did?
And another question. If her account is restored with all her wss, that haven �t yet been reported or checked, if someone else reports her wss as a copy, there will be another battle like this on the site? So shall we leave her alone with all the other possible copies (it �s hard to believe there aren �t more, as 11 is quite a pattern)?
Everyone keeps protecting her and telling how heartless those reporting her are. But noone commented on what Zailda or David said. Is Mar �s behavior logical? Is it fair or even polite?

15 Feb 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

If Mar �s account is restored the same should be done with the accounts of the persons who contributed much to the site (IMHO). I remember Mar. When I joined this site she often wrote to the forum and I felt hurt when I saw her works on the reporting page and I even voted for them to stay in spite of the fact they were copies. There were 4 or 5 of them  and I thought it was unfair to report so many wss of one person a day not even giving him/her to do something (update or delete it). The wss stayed, but nothing was done by Mar to update at least one ws. I know it takes time to update and maybe she wasn �t able to do it in a short period.

I think the system should be updated. The reporting message should be sent not only to the moderators � page but also to the person whose ws had been reported after the third wss is reported. This person will have 24 hours to do something, if he/she doesn �t, then it �s up to moderators to decide if it should stay or not.

15 Feb 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

I agree with  zailda, David Lisgo, manonski (f), Samantha.esl, MJ_Misa, Olindalima ( F ), ladybird  .  And I appreciate their work reporting stolen contributions. I know how time consuming it is.
As I said earlier, we are all equal here, but some of us are more equal then the others. I do not know what the first contributions of Mar were (were they copied or not)  and to tell the truth I do not care, but I know for sure that she had loads of time to become a multiplepoint member uploading wss that she hadn �t made. She happened to have time that new members uploading stolen stuff are not given because of the dedicated teachers who spend their time reporting wss that violate the rules of the site  and for this reason "easy goers" are not allowed to turn into "respected" members of the site. As I can see, there �s a bit twisted understanding about who cares about ESLp more. It seems to me now (after all these discussions) that those who report are "baddies" and those who upload copied wss, but are pleasant and chatty - "goodies". Really sad...
I do not like arguments on the forum, but games and chats are not the reason why I stick to this site too. This site is interesting for me because I can find amazing ideas and tasks for my lessons, because it makes my life easier, because I learned to make wss myself.
There are hundreds of teachers who never write on the forum. Is their work less valuable? And will someone hesitate to report or remove his/her ws if it appears to be a copy?
Well, and to take someone�s ws from ESLprintables and to put it into a book is a crime, but to copy a book and to make a ws is  not? You can even get a copyright for that... This would be funny if it wasn�t sad.

15 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >