Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

zailda
Brazil

Julieta, Sam is my friend and she has been this this way since I first met her. It �s useless to tell a tomato to stop being a fruit, or to stop being red. It �s her nature to fight for what she believes in a good or bad manner, according to the tone people use with her. The only way to get Sam to show how wonderful and kind woman she is, is treating her in a kind manner.

You, on the contrary, was a sweet and kind woman when I first met you. When I came to the reporting page and saw what you have written about a ws: "thief, thief, thief, I love this word..." and so on, I was shocked and didn �t recognize the beautiful and wonderful woman I met.

I understand that you have personal matters and feelings that may cause you to act this way, but in the past being in opposite sides was not a reason for disrespecting each other.

From that night on (at the reporting page) you �ve been changing from a wonderful friend you used to be from an attacking woman who I can �t recognize.

So I know you �re perfectly able to be the first, even if you sometimes choose being the second, I understand now both sides are part of your nature. You �re a kind person but you also may attack when you dislike something or someone.

If I asked you to stop that �s because Sam barely can show her other side now, for all the attacks  I �ve seen her standing later. But I assume you can. I can �t tell a tomato to stop being a fruit but I can surely ask you to stop being a fighter you are showing us now to show the wonderful person I know you still are.

Friends stand many things when the friendship is based on trust and admiration. I �m able to admire and respect some enemies too. If the friendship is real, friends can also stand a big fight. Friends don �t lie to each other. Friends don �t have to give support to other friend �s mistakes, friends tell a friend he is wrong.

Based on all of it, I ask you to stop the attacks. Can you, please?

16 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Tweety
Love you

You didn �t leave, just needed a break.
And a break is what I am suggesting everyone, here
kiss, Saint Exu�p�ry
linda

16 Feb 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

I�d like to say that some of the moderators have taken this matter too far. Victor is the owner of this site, so I�ll obey his rules.

Julieta, this message must have been also for me as I also post pictures in the cafe as often as I want.

I don�t like people criticizing one another, I don�t like the people who think that they�re the only ones who are fair and right most of the time. I hate people telling me what, when, how and why to do certain things. I don�t like getting PMs from people who never care about a single thing I post and then ask for my support when there�s a discussion going on; I don�t like this kind of behavior.  I know we have to obey the rules and I try to keep them as much as I can, but are we perfect? I don�t know if you are, but I am not. What I hate the most is having the feeling of being observed, examined every single time I upload a new worksheet just in case it has the wrong picture, a layout that I�ve chosen by chance, and it seems to �belong� to somebody else, and to make matters worse I have to be able to remind if I happen to have copied a test from an old book or paper which I might have downloaded from the Internet a long time ago.  Unbearable!!!!!

I must confess that I have never reported a worksheet and I will never do, but I do respect the ones who do so. I have never voted against or for a worksheet.  Am I guilty? Am I an irresponsible or immature member of this site?

Am I doing anything wrong when I pop in the caf�? Is it wrong to enjoy myself for a while with the great people who pop in there? Why shouldn�t I do that? Is it because the pictures, photos or videos take too much space? Let�s not talk about space�

Am I being silly or childish as some of you have said because I miss a friendly and positive atmosphere? Who are you to tell me what kind of place this should be?

Who is being rude here? Who is trying to give classes of morality?

�I wish more people would share the games, or activities which are successful in their classes... But I don �t see that, instead I see people being badly treated because they try to be fair, and keep the site an original one and not full of copied things, and others constantly posting huge and thousands of pictures in the cafe the 24hrs.. Is that to be professional?

I believe this discussion has started because some people started provoking and making feel ridicule the ones who reported the (famous) worksheets and voted for them to be removed while others just voted against the rules! So then, the people who spend time trying to get rid of copies (remember this site is for original works)... get bullied, called names, and the rest by the ones who don �t really care about this, maybe because they have copied stuff themselves! Who knows.�

Who do you think you are to tell me that I have to participate in the reporting section, in the forum or wherever?� .I must accept the rules of the site but not yours.

Do you consider yourself more professional than me just because I post pictures or whatever I wish the caf�? Isn�t it the right place to do so? If you don�t like it, don�t pop in.

I want to thank all the people who have helped me with technical or educational issues, those whose work or comments I admire(there are lots of them) and those  from whom  I learn so many things every day , the ones who provide a great deal of links where I can find anything I need, the ones who make me laugh or cry with their jokes or stories�..But I must   especially thank those who are trying to keep this site full of positive energy, respect, tolerance, friendship, love, fun, peace and forgiveness . People as Julieta, Epit, Nebal, Damielle, , Mariethe ,Zora, Aimee, Cheezels,Aftab, Isabelucha, Katiana, Julian, Hallil ,Anita, Fiona, Victoria, Mena,��..I can�t name all of them, the post would be too long.  Sorry .

Moderation = quality of being moderate and avoiding extremes. (WordReference.com)

I won �t apologise for sending a pic, though it �s not the right place to do it.Idon �t usually take much space in the forum .
This is my last post about this matter.
Have a nice  week all of you.!!

16 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Sylvie, we �re just going to stop when you arrived.

I want to assure that by the time we want to create our own website we �ll do it. As you said, the site is Victor �s, and until the owner doesn �t ask us to leave, we �ll stay. Or until we decide to leave, what comes first.

EDIT: OK Victor. As I said, we were going to stop when Sylvie arrived. We�re done with this matter now.

16 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

It seems we are going to need a new web server just for this thread.

Don �t you think (everybody) that this discussion has turned personal and the right place for that is PMs?

Please, stop now.

16 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

Hiya Linda!!
Thank you for wise words!!!
Do not always agree with you ( !) - but still loving you!!! :o))) Thx for the respect you showed in your posts!!!
I agree with the break idea! ;o)))
Lots of hugs, Linda!
Sylvie

16 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I �m sad this discussion has turned into a place where MANY have taken the opportunity to give vent to their anger and dislike of other members.. which deviated the purpose of the discussion. I wanted to know if the new system 3 strikes and you are out! is convinient. I didn �t wish Mar �s account to be cancelled although I didn �t like the fact that she had so many copied worksheets and called people jealous for reporting...

That �s all!
sorry Victor!

16 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Just my last post here

Please, let �s be wise,

Hugs to all of you

Did you think I was going to jump after you?Big smileLet �s try one thing, All together.

YOUR NEXT POST: ALL OF YOU AROUND; SEND A NEW POST; LIKE THIS.

ESLPRINTABLES  IS MY SECOND HOUSE.

16 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

ESLPRINTABLES  IS MY SECOND HOUSE.

16 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

Linda, ...

Hug

( Will tell you tomorrow how wrong you have been! LOL LOLMaybe this message will lead to more hatred & misunderstanding ???? Hope people will be as smart & clever as you are!! )
Have a nice ...( ?) night - here! - I �ll be delighted to talk to you again!!!
Thx for the nice pic, Linda dear, I �m off :o))))
Huggy BIG hugs!!Big smile Last post here too! Wink

16 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >