Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

Carla Horne
United States

Dear Zora,

You are right. It is his site and he has the right to do what he wishes. Many members will have to make a decision about whether to stay or leave. Nonetheless, we have tried to do what he asked of us as moderators. Since it has causesd such heartache, perhaps the system should be re-evaluated. Just my thought.

I am with David and Zalida. I no longer can afford to care that there is so much stealing. It takes too much out of me.

Carla

15 Feb 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

I am not somebody who usually airs my views unless it lays hard upon my heart.  I am not a fighter, but today I cannot keep quiet.

I am also one of the moderators that have voted against the wss.  I say THE wss... because I don �t know Mar and voted in the same manner like I always do... according to the rules, according to the policy that Victor has set up for us to follow.  I check the ws... check the link... and only THEN click on agree please remove, or disagree please don �t remove. 

I have seen so many wss removed in the past (and I �m sure there were many friendly and helpful people amongst them as well) ... WHY?  because many of the wss were copied from various links on the web.  I do not think it is fair to treat "old" members differently to "new" members.  The rules had to be followed, also in Mar �s case.  I do not feel bad about voting according to the rules... I was very sad and still is, to see that someone that is SUPPOSED to know the rules had so many copied wss as her own contributions. 

I do agree with some of the above members... Is it then still necessary for us to vote, to find links, to spend so much time on moderating? We gained nothing when we sacrificed our time to help keep the site clean and I never saw anybody complaining.  In fact... we tried to give back to this wonderful community and website by doing what we were asked to do as moderators.

I am sad to see that this whole affair has broken many spirits and have suppressed the enthusiasm that could once be felt amongst us.

And now?   I do not know anymore.
Joey

15 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

@Julietta. Why do you keep attacking other members? Why don �t you better comment on what we are saying. Deaf ears is the easiest way out when you can �t say anything to the point.
I can �t believe you are the one talking how friendly and helpful we should all be when you are the one behaving the opposite way.
I don �t know you as i don �t know most of the members here. I try to treat everyone with respect and it �s sad to me to see others are not being treated with one.

15 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

@ Yulia:

It is obvious you do not know me, so stop talking about me, it seems to me you are new not only because I do not recognize your nickanme but becasue I �ve seen sometimes how unfairly you comment on some wss reported

If you do not know me, please refrain of talking about me, I �ve not talked about you... and that message was NOT for you but if the coat fits to you, well...

And I do not need a mommy here to come and tell me what words should come out from my mouth... I give my opinion as you do, if u do not like me, ignore me

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Yulia, dear, I admire your work, you are not unfair at all. But why to talk about a member �s fairness if the rules are not fair?

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@Julieta, why do you bother to tell us to leave? We are not bothering you at the reporting page or the forum anymore. This thread is no longer at the main page. You can vote / report wss the way you want to, and can choose whether you want or not to follow the rules. We don �t care anymore.

15 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Yulia,

don �t bother about someone like Julieta. She tells you not to talk about her as she doen �t know you yet she keeps talking about others (probably she believes she know everyone - playing god). That �s what I call a hypocrite. I know her only being rude, nasty and enjoying degrading people. She must be very sad and unhappy (funny what she said about her hears on the site where she needs her eyesWink).

Don �t worry, new members always had to learn, there is nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately there are some, who have forgotten about it or, maybe, they were always "so grate and not making mistakes" as they try to pretend here.

Have a nice day, dear.Smile

15 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Zailda, the message was not for you either, it was in general

And all I am doing Zailda is what you are claiming: express my opinion... May I do it?

You are not bothering me, if I were the owner maybe I`d be mad but I just read and express my opinion as a member

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Michaela, as we have just seen, there �s no need for members with thousands of points to keep up with the rules.

This thread didn �t have personal attacks until Julieta came here. And she �s one among the ones who miss the "old friendly ESL P." Maybe we are not the responsible for the disrespect at all.

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi Julieta!

Sorry if I made the owner mad, that isn�t my intention. I am just trying to be fair. I�m an honest person and won �t leave my principles and my way of speaking my mind just because you don �t agree with them. If this thread bothers you, just ignore us.

15 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >