Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

zailda
Brazil

siemes, Zailda didn �t write all the replies here, or are you ignoring the others on purpose? If you can spend your time reading more than 100 replies you �ll see that it �s not about what Zailda thinks.

If you want to judge me and tell everyone who or how I am in your opinion, that �s OK for me. Why would I care about the opinion about me from a person who doesn �t know me at all, I don �t know either and didn �t spend her time reading what we wrote?

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

What mistake did we make? Reporting and removing the copies? Sorry, it wasn �t a mistake, we were following the rules and doing what we were told to do.

15 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

I feel that something has been misunderstood when the "three strikes system" started.

In this website I �ve always decided the cancellation of accounts. I don �t like it, but it must be done.
Many of you have contacted me before, to tell be about users who where insulting others, abusing the reporting system, etc... And I had to decide. There were no clear rules for that. There was not a rule saying "three insults and you are out". It is impossible to have rules for everything.
One user tried to hack the website, and there were no rules against that, but I cancelled the account.
Sometimes subjective decisions must be taken.

The "three strikes and you are out" has never been a rule. It is an automatic system that is subject to further review by me. This is not the first nor the last time that a banned user is given the opportunity to explain him/herself. And the final decision is mine, because we need a human decision. Not all the copies are the same, and not all the situations are the same. There cannot be rules for everything.

In fact, I was already developing a system to review all cancellations before they were definitely executed.

15 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

I want to add that I �ve never criticized any of you for reporting those worksheets, and I �m sorry if others did.
I am the first one who wants all the copies out of this website.

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Sorry, but to be fair all the cancellations made by the system since the "Three strikes" was implemented need to be reviewed too. 

15 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

I agree with that.

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I was the one who asked you to visit the reporting page to see what kind of insults we are exposed there. And I want that - at least you - understand what this thread is about.

15 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Zora, I hear your point of view. You said it right: this is Victor �s site. For those reasons, I will refrain to report or moderate because I don �t think it matters anymore to do so for me.
I love everybody here, you included. The fact that we don �t agree does not mean that someone is wrong or right or closed minded for that matter. It �s a matter of principle for me.

This is not about Mar by the way for me. I don �t care whose name is brought on. Could be anyone for all I care. I will continue to be active on the forum and contribute printables but for now, that will be the only thing I �ll do. My point is not for or against a person.

Again, I have utmost admiration with Victor and what he �s done with this site.

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

The owner is around and he didn �t criticize us. Why do you think you have this right?

why should I remain quiet?

Girl, I don�t need your "shoulds and shouldn�ts", which I didn�t ask for. Keep them for your students.

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

One more question: who is "the Boss"? God? Jesus? Victor?

None of them is my "Boss", sorry.

EDIT: The member who I replied to just erased all her comments. She usually does it, so I�m not surprised.

15 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >